Cafe Racer Forum banner
2501 - 2520 of 2538 Posts

·
Administrator
27 Posts
I like to think I am pretty good at it. Might not do thing the "right" way per say, but end results are pretty good. It's just VERY tedious, especially on a bike. And the 1995 GSXR's are all curves, and bends, and bubbles. Makes it REALLY challenging. It's coming along though. I added to my thread over at GSXR.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I see some electric bikes in my future. LiveWire accelerates and it doesn't shake, that's a better solution then counter-balance bobbly weights on a twin. It's the obsession with the V-twin aesthetics that is killing the product, if they want the thing to not shake and be a sport bike then shorten the stroke and put another 5 cylinders on it, then they would have something.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Whole bunch of people just bought brand new trials bikes, so if anybody is looking for used trials bikes in Ontario, several just became available. Some Beta Evo, GasGas and at least one Montesa :cool:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I would love to see an electric "power pack/motor" setup that can be packaged to mount in vintage frames. So you pick up an old CB750, pull the motor, and drop in the new power plant using some adapter brackets. I think it would open up a lot of opportunities for keeping old bikes on the road; especially ones that have an engine that's no longer supported.
And yes, I know some will say it's sacrilege to pull out what gives these old bikes most of their character and replace it with what amounts to a roomba. But at the end of the day it's about reliable, consistent ride-ability and going fast.

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
101 degrees today. Took a short ride to get some coffee and bring a dozen donuts home.
Waited for the sun to pass over the house before changing the oil on the Z1.

I love the yoshimura exhaust, but it's a huge pain in the ass to get back on.
This time I was smart and used some tape to hold the collars up while I was getting everything situated

I may look at getting some slightly longer studs, because with this setup I wind up with some of the nuts flush with the end of the stud when everything is tightened down.

2501 - 2520 of 2538 Posts