Cafe Racer Forum banner
2521 - 2537 of 2537 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
101 degrees today. Took a short ride to get some coffee and bring a dozen donuts home.
Waited for the sun to pass over the house before changing the oil on the Z1.

I love the yoshimura exhaust, but it's a huge pain in the ass to get back on.
This time I was smart and used some tape to hold the collars up while I was getting everything situated

I may look at getting some slightly longer studs, because with this setup I wind up with some of the nuts flush with the end of the stud when everything is tightened down.
I guess at 101 degrees the old oil flows out nicely.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Don't worry, I'll make you sign a liability waiver first that says you understand I am a completely irresponsible person and you will likely crash at least slightly and you are crazy to even try because it is highly addictive.
I come from the school of "of course it hurt you fell off, no sniveling". If I broke my arm riding your property when I was a kid, my Dad's first questions would be "did you have permission to be there, did you damage their property"? Then the statement of fact "it's a long way from your heart, it won't kill ya".

·
見る
490 Posts
Took the Shiver for a spin up in the mountains. It was 33°C and around 70% humidity - hot, but not too hot in mesh gear.

I had been having a problem with the ABS for a few months now - light on the dash and no ABS. I checked and cleaned all electrical connectors and that worked for a short while - but the light came back on and stayed on. I figured (hoped) that it would simply be a wheel speed sensor and not the pump. Finally ordered one from an online seller in Indonesia - $50 USD delivered. Pretty good value relatively speaking.

It arrived in a what appeared to be genuine Piaggio packaging. I installed it on the front wheel. No change - ABS light still on. So I swapped the original front sensor with the rear one. What a hassle. It's like some one at the factory was paid to work out the most convoluted path for the wires.

All hooked up - took it or a spin - ABS light out and ABS working....WooHoo.

So, there I am enjoying the mountain ride and on comes the engine warning light.

FMR (Fark Me Runnin') - what next?.

Bike still seem to be running pretty well though. I pulled over and looked at the code on the dash. It was two small circles, one greyed out and an arrow beside the greyed out circle. I'm like: an arrow is pretty much a universal symbol for an indicator direction. Maybe the code is a blown indicator/brake globe on the left hand side :unsure:

So I check lights, brakes and indicators - sure enough, rear left indicator not working.

TBH - I didn't know that the Shiver had an active diagnostic like that.

Fired her up and headed for home.

All-in-all, a good ride.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Your not out riding in this heat?

The name pretty much has to have something to do with the black dog that's claimed it, doesn't it? It is a bit of a dogs breakfast with that inclusion running up the middle.
Jonathan already has a crazy big rock named after him, any more would be confusing (y) Troll Rock it is, I like it. Wrenching today, riding the next few days :cool: my best friend just picked up his new Beta Evo factory 300 yesterday and is anxious to put some hours on it.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
:D you should see him put it up there, takes big ones to put it up there and land perfect every time and that's pretty much the only way you can do it and not have it end badly. Once one pro has done it, they'll all be doing it.

2521 - 2537 of 2537 Posts