Cafe Racer Forum banner
2581 - 2600 of 2652 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Just swinging by to see who is still around :)

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Nothing more exciting then riding a trials competition in a thunderstorm & maybe it will scare the bugs away

I was going to ride a trashed rear tire, but I'm having second thoughts on that call.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Nothing more exciting then riding a trials competition in a thunderstorm & maybe it will scare the bugs away

I was going to ride a trashed rear tire, but I'm having second thoughts on that call.
Rain and slick rock sounds like it might be worth a tire change. I find the 55+ group don't bounce as well as the youngins'.

Bloody sandflies, no-see-ums or whatever they are, they are brutal this year.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It's not often a genuine bargain come's along. While replacing the brake pads on my 600 Hornet last week it was very obvious all the calipers needed new pistons/pins etc. I saw these new calipers on ebay, and thought it might be worth a punt. They were delivered from Italy this morning, and can't believe that I got them for £98.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

From the storm reporting it looks like a tornado touched down in Trials's neighbourhood on Sunday. I believe it was after the competition but may explain whay we haven't had an update. No injuries have been reported from the storms.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
From the storm reporting it looks like a tornado touched down in Trials's neighbourhood on Sunday. I believe it was after the competition but may explain whay we haven't had an update. No injuries have been reported from the storms.
All good here, the last rider guests just left, the event was a great success and the weather held good until very late evening, I was counting on thunder storms being limited to the evening or go around us. Rode the hard enduro loop this morning and some section cleanup while I still had somebody to ride with :cool: the traction was good except at the very bottom of the hills and all the moss covered boulders.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Disaster 1 bar end adaptor finished the the other broke fitting it in the vice for thread tapping.
Also shown it my hi tech method of trueing the end of the good one.
These are made from the plastic ends I had removed from a set of aftermarket clip ons, and since I only had the 2 I will have to make one and I am not sure how I'm going to do that at this stage?
Light Gas Automotive tire Auto part Audio equipment
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Material property Font Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Plant Automotive tire Terrestrial plant Gas Circle

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I was sick of losing bar end mirrors so I just honda-bonded that threaded insert into the end of my clipons. Haven't lost one in years

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Just finished a couple dock tables and a bench for a cottager.

Tables are made from 3" x 16" pine plank, harvested and milled locally. The bases are worn out tire chains from a large log skidder. The weigh 35 lbs each so they are wind resistant.
Plant Furniture Wood Table Outdoor furniture

The bench is 6'4" x about 15". It is the second pass on the log and they have left the natural edge. The top is gorgeous ( if I do say so myself) but doesn't have quite the impact in the photo. The legs are made from QC rejected rail clips.
Outdoor bench Wood Table Outdoor furniture Road surface

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Those are great!

What do you use for varnish?

I always use Epiphanes gloss and matte varnishes for my outdoors stuff. Its a boat varnish and holds up really well to UV.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Those are great!

What do you use for varnish?

I always use Epiphanes gloss and matte varnishes for my outdoors stuff. Its a boat varnish and holds up really well to UV.
I put 3 coats of urethane as a finish.
On the bench I put on a coat of urethane to start, then sand it down until most is removed. Then I stain it, which darkens most of it but leaves the saw makes visable. This phot shows the top a little better, but it doesn't look that blotchy.
Plant Wood Grass Natural material Wood stain

·
Registered
35 Posts
Started restoring my favorite TEKNIC Jacket from the 80's! The back was the worst from sun and motorcycle messenger bags.
Don't purchase this stuff on Amazon, many people have gotten bad dye or paint they cant return. I am using all paint here.

Outerwear Product Textile Sleeve World

Outerwear Photograph Shoulder White Blue

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
I need some white leather, where can I get some white leather now that Tandy stores are all gone :unsure: and they only tan leather in third world countries that don't care about the pollution

2581 - 2600 of 2652 Posts