2641 - 2660 of 2671 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I'm a huge fan of reverse thread drill bits for extracting broken bolts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes to an electric bike still needing a clutch and at least 2 gears and maybe some flywheel weight. Then it will work just like a real motorcycle. But they fail when it comes to trying to use computer controlled speed settings and enhancements. The things have more then enough power and even the range is adequate for hard terrain trials riding.

Trials bikes are only for use on private property and in closed course competition events. Unless you live in a less developed country and then it's fine.
Yha I get it but I have about a 3 mile commute that i have done on a mountain bike off road urban with brief road and parking lot sections. No bicycle trails or lanes. This would have been perfect with the added benefit of being able to have an off road trail toy. I will go back to looking for an old Yamaha 2 stroke that isn't grossly over priced.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Good deal!
How are the black fly's?
This is the time of year the flies start to die off :cool: and people start thinking about riding their motorcycles more.

Motorcycle people are great, if somebody has a broken bike here, about 4 guys tear into it and we get them fixed up in a hurry. Highly recommended support system, use your friends wisely.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is the time of year the flies start to die off :cool: and people start thinking about riding their motorcycles more.

Motorcycle people are great, if somebody has a broken bike here, about 4 guys tear into it and we get them fixed up in a hurry. Highly recommended support system, use your friends wisely.
Sounds like a day in paradise. Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Every day here is a day in paradise :cool:
Marking out the hard enduro course today in preparation for our October hard enduro, it's going to be biblical, those enduro guys are nuts.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I'm likely testing for my part 107 in a few weeks. I have two birds that are too big for me to fly legally otherwise.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
To all those nay-sayers who insisted that Walton Tap Extractors are useless junk, I'd like to go on record as having proved you absolutely, 100%...correct.

I did everything properly: I ground the tap flush with the surface, inserted the fingers all the way through, and made sure that the collar and inner shaft were kept tightly against the piece. Unfortunately, basic physics just doesn’t permit those tiny fingers to transfer the torque necessary to break the tap loose. I guess it’s just another $21 in tuition at Experience University.

Looks like screw adjusters it is!

Bicycle part Finger Thumb Nail Auto part

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Was that stuck in metal or plastics.

if metal place a nut over the offending tap and weld it onti the tap
I've ground it flush and I'm just going to leave the broken tip in the abandoned hole. I've come up with an alternative fab method, and a plate is going to be welded over it. Nobody will ever see it.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Adjusted my clutch today, pretty sure that my friction disks have just about run their course
Engaged/disengaged
View attachment 107026 View attachment 107027
Did you pull that multi-start thread fast screw mechanism out and grease it up, that use to make a huge difference in Suzuki bikes that had a setup that looked just like that. Sil-Glide worked the best on the nylon parts.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you pull that multi-start thread fast screw mechanism out and grease it up, that use to make a huge difference in Suzuki bikes that had a setup that looked just like that. Sil-Glide worked the best on the nylon parts.
Nah I didn't remove the unit. It's really just a locknut and adjustable screw that sets the thrust bearing mechanism. Just loosen the nut, loosen the screw, turn same screw clockwise until you feel some resistance, back screw out ¼ turn and tighten locknut, and that's all there is to it. The bearing itself is inside the case and constantly lubricated

What you see there is the result of my neglect to adjust the clutch that hasn't been touched in about 5k miles. Started slipping in 5th gear and I was like oh I need new friction disks, oh nevermind I just have to adjust the clutch, oh shit I need new friction disks lol

Clutch works just fine now, but I have about an inch of play in the lever, any less and that pivot arm will touch the casing

2641 - 2660 of 2671 Posts