Cafe Racer Forum banner
2661 - 2671 of 2671 Posts

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Yours is a better setup if the steel is hard enough, the nylon turns to mush on the suzuki part, so cleaning it up and lubricating really makes a huge difference at the lever pull effort and how far the thing actually pushes the clutch rod.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Nah I didn't remove the unit. It's really just a locknut and adjustable screw that sets the thrust bearing mechanism. Just loosen the nut, loosen the screw, turn same screw clockwise until you feel some resistance, back screw out ¼ turn and tighten locknut, and that's all there is to it. The bearing itself is inside the case and constantly lubricated

What you see there is the result of my neglect to adjust the clutch that hasn't been touched in about 5k miles. Started slipping in 5th gear and I was like oh I need new friction disks, oh nevermind I just have to adjust the clutch, oh shit I need new friction disks lol

Clutch works just fine now, but I have about an inch of play in the lever, any less and that pivot arm will touch the casing
to get rid of the play in mine. i inserted a bearing in the hole , then put the rod/arm back in. you can adjust the amount of play with the dia of the bearing, 4,5 mm etc

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
My second attempt at making a "neon" sign, this time with electroluminescent wire.

I used cotter pins to provide 1/4" of standoff from the sign, and threaded the wire through the eyes of the pins.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Stuka and I are still setting out 15 km of hard enduro trails :devilish: using KTM and Beta sponsor tape to drive the poor sods towards the nastiest terrain that my dog and I can walk or climb. :D Tough job but somebody's gotta do it and October 15 will come up fast with all the preparations we need to do before then. Now is about the time when some of the guys will get all stressed out over the; course layout, porta potty, camping, parking, prizes, timing, security, emergency preparation and shite.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Finally got off my lazy butt and put the carbs from my trackbike on my Super Light in an attempt to make it run right.

Woo hoo! Turns out the newly rebuilt FCRs have an issue, as the not quite as newly rebuilt FCRs off the other bike made it run fine. I'll figure out what went wrong with the first set over the winter. For now it's time to ride and see what breaks.

2661 - 2671 of 2671 Posts