Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2083 Posts

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Over the weekend I dragged out the flux core and with the help of some beer turned this:

Into this:

The trampoline mat had a hole in it, so it was fubar'd.....and the kids love climbing over the new structure.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Buckets - more pics of the Westy!
I've posted some here before, its a work in progress. obviously needs to be painted back to the original. I'm not doing a showcar but a useable, campable bus. Last spring I pulled the engine and tranny to do seals, shift rod, bushings, gas tank and lines.

vw&steve.jpg

Thats Steve under the awning

WP_20131019_002.jpg

My friends uber cute daughter on the child cot; a factory accessory from westfalia.

westy2KB.jpg

its pretty original and stock. 1979 Deluxe 2.0 FI.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Shame on you people. The Wings WILL win. And the Lions are going to the Super Bowl next year.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Nice Pajamas.:cool:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Digging that bay window, buckets.
I know of an old split window sitting in Indiana that I've been trying to buy for a coupla years and I guess I just haven't offered enough money yet.
Does yours have a type 1 motor or a type IV?

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Just got off the phone with the unemployment appeal hearing. Those idiots at O'Reilly's sure didn't have their shit together and I think I won the appeal. They accused me of doing powder coating business at the store. But when the hearing started they had no witnesses or any other related individuals to add to the case so it was basically my work against theirs and they had no evidence to present and said if not for this incidence I would not have been fired. The dick weed manager when told it would be his word against mine (he saw nothing of the supposed incident) all of a sudden says there was a store employees that witnessed me in the parking lot conducting my PC business. The interviewer asked if the witness was outside and heard the conversation. The manager said no and the interviewer jumped right in and said "So he could have been discussing anything not related to PC". I think I was good to go at that point.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I don't know why you moved to GA when you had a sweet life racing mullholland and jumping out of airplanes in LA.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
About time I bought a new helmet, the old one was over 5 years old, and seen far better days.... So spent my birthday money from last week.

Attachments

Reactions: BigAl8295

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I don't know why you moved to GA when you had a sweet life racing mullholland and jumping out of airplanes in LA.
Situation at work made me want to go anywhere including the moon to get away from the issue. My partner was here in Atl. Believe me it was nowhere near the top of the list of places I wanted to go but it turned out ok. As a racer you couldn't be more centered in the racing world than right here in the south, so I took up a 20 career driving race cars, and working for IMSA, SCCA, and Nascar at the tracks. The cost of living here is cheap compared to other places and I enjoy the laid back country life. L.A just got to be too much of everything negative, too much traffic, too much crime, too much heat, too much cost of living, too hispanic. The drop zone I used to teach at closed their doors in 2007. I tried to get ahold of the owner to let him know of my brothers passing and found dead ends or inactive on all his internet contacts and found one story where a plane crashed on the Henderson,Nv./Cal. state line. Plane was owned and built by Van in 1968, the victims were not identified. I'm afraid my buddy finally went in. He was one of the best pilots I ever knew and I could tell stories all night. He once landed a Cessna 182 in 70mph head wind on a helipad at Edwards Airforce Base. He also owned a cloud seeding biz in Mex.
Every year my mortality starts becoming more forefront.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Eat, cook. Cook, eat. Eat, cook. Jam, Curry, Kim Chi.

My cuisine is only improving, day by day.

My risotto is awesome now. Got to work on the cassoulet, tartiflette, and the Rösti.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Situation at work made me want to go anywhere including the moon to get away from the issue. My partner was here in Atl. Believe me it was nowhere near the top of the list of places I wanted to go but it turned out ok. As a racer you couldn't be more centered in the racing world than right here in the south, so I took up a 20 career driving race cars, and working for IMSA, SCCA, and Nascar at the tracks. The cost of living here is cheap compared to other places and I enjoy the laid back country life. L.A just got to be too much of everything negative, too much traffic, too much crime, too much heat, too much cost of living, too hispanic. The drop zone I used to teach at closed their doors in 2007. I tried to get ahold of the owner to let him know of my brothers passing and found dead ends or inactive on all his internet contacts and found one story where a plane crashed on the Henderson,Nv./Cal. state line. Plane was owned and built by Van in 1968, the victims were not identified. I'm afraid my buddy finally went in. He was one of the best pilots I ever knew and I could tell stories all night. He once landed a Cessna 182 in 70mph head wind on a helipad at Edwards Airforce Base. He also owned a cloud seeding biz in Mex.
Every year my mortality starts becoming more forefront.
Bummer, that's a shame. I asusme this is the crash you mentioned - they identified one of the victims as Van Pray:
Ex-skydiving center owner among small plane crash victims

My father did something similar in a Cessna 140 with a coral runway and a 40mph cross wind in Florida. He's writing a book about his aviation adventures, I'm doing some of the editing. Sometimes they really do behave like kites.

Their is no such thing as too Hispanic, have you eaten their food? it's amazing. Also if there was Mexico would not be a tourist destination.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Bummer, that's a shame. I asusme this is the crash you mentioned - they identified one of the victims as Van Pray:
Ex-skydiving center owner among small plane crash victims

My father did something similar in a Cessna 140 with a coral runway and a 40mph cross wind in Florida. He's writing a book about his aviation adventures, I'm doing some of the editing. Sometimes they really do behave like kites.

Their is no such thing as too Hispanic, have you eaten their food? it's amazing. Also if there was Mexico would not be a tourist destination.
Yes, that confirms it. Van Pray was the pilot of the glider I jumped out of. We took the canopy off and when we were at altitude he just rolled upside down and I just push up out of the seat and was gone, cool jump. The deal with the helipad was when we had a load exit the aircraft and on the ground the winds starting picking up pretty rapidly and one guy on landing got drug across the desert. By the time we reached him he was unrecognizable. He was in serious shape and we felt the closest option for emergency care was to fly the 5 miles to Edwards and drop him there. The government wasn't very kind about civilian aircraft entering their airspace. But when Van explained the situation they said bring him in. Well now the winds are kicking 70mph and Van dropped it onto the helipad, they scooped the victim out and said get the hell off the base NOW.

Granted I like the food and some of the woman but for the most part there's too many here. Wouldn't mind if they learned to speak English and paid their taxes, and got drivers licenses and insurance and, etc.........

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Speaking of crazy airplane stunts, must tell you this story: I had a good friend Jeff (now deceased) who was piloting his light airplane, while another guy was in the back, doing a little low altitude Moose hunting out of an open door (incredibly illegal activity)
… he banked hard so the guy could get a better shot and before he knew it he was flying solo. Jeff circled back to find his buddy standing in fairly shallow water, holding his rifle above his head. lol

Jeff was a lot of fun and a great riding partner, :I really miss him and his craziness.

21 - 40 of 2083 Posts