Cafe Racer Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 2047 Posts

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
HUH? Guitars? Amps?
Oh yes my precious....

Valve amps and vintage guitars.

I used to play in a band that nearly became famous and pretty much everyone that I know who owns a bike also owns and plays a musical instrument.

Mark who was having the chain and sprockets done showed me some pictures of his lovely deusenberg guitar. Not really a vintage but looks the part and is top quality. I dug out my old axe from the spray booth (a dirty cheap and dirty sounding 70's 80's frankenbeast). Chris (rc17) thanked me for looking at his effects bank and getting it working again and we all made merry around the fact I once dropped a beautiful two grand les paul and broke it's neck when the strap popped off (luckily it was able to be professionally repaired and although it still played and sounded perfect it was never a two grand guitar again)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
2 grand doesn't even get you in a new les Paul anymore. Not a good one anyway.
Add to that, at 2Gs, it's crap.

'79, 4 digit serial Hamer Sunburst, '80 Musicman 112RD rebiased to run EL34s and monsterously heavy EV 12"...Monster tone. Never really big on effects, I'll sometimes plug a script face MXR Dyna-comp, just for some added punch.

Now and then, I'll plug it all in and piss my bitch neighbor off.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I'm off to the en-suite cafe to celebrate the last owner's reign and to swear in the new guy..... I have procured firewood to keep us warm and pyrotechnics for when we've consumed all the drugs and want things to get lively.......

The revolution will come tomorrow..... tonight we drink and let off fireworks.......

merry sat turd day to one and all.....

I'll try and take some dirty pictures to document the debauchery.

Peace.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm off to the en-suite cafe to celebrate the last owner's reign and to swear in the new guy..... I have procured firewood to keep us warm and pyrotechnics for when we've consumed all the drugs and want things to get lively.......

The revolution will come tomorrow..... tonight we drink and let off fireworks.......

merry sat turd day to one and all.....

I'll try and take some dirty pictures to document the debauchery.

Peace.
Pics or it didn't happen

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Just bought a 3.5 ton Iveco Minibus with my dad. Plan is to convert it into a camper van over winter and get it ready for March next year. It's a low mileage bus, having only covered 52k miles and has a wheel chair lift on the back that will make loading a bike easy. Setting out to carry at least one bike, possibly two and have creature comforts for any overnight stays and track days.

I'll start a thread when it gets underway.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Today I have been assembling my army........ mwuahahaha!!!!!

They started cute but ended up gangsta as fuck...... check out ma bad ass reindeer made from toilet tubes.... We are poor, simple folk in yorkshire.

20161201_235528.jpg

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Just bought a 3.5 ton Iveco Minibus with my dad. Plan is to convert it into a camper van over winter and get it ready for March next year. It's a low mileage bus, having only covered 52k miles and has a wheel chair lift on the back that will make loading a bike easy. Setting out to carry at least one bike, possibly two and have creature comforts for any overnight stays and track days.

I'll start a thread when it gets underway.
How are plans for the Vardo coming along? Always wanted to build one out of an old 4WD fire truck (in preparation for mother natures big cull) to haul my guns and turnips around in. I'm told it would make a nice bachelor pad.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Popped down to see Spanner and get the ZX6 MOT'd. "Fuck Off" the pigeon was there too.

20161203_125327.jpg 20161203_130805.jpg

Spanner is a big bloke. I once nearly fought him 20 years ago armed only with a 350lc footrest hanger. Luckily our boss at the time intervened and I didn't get my head kicked in.

ZX6 passed with flying colours, as it bloody should after £1k of bits replaced on it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
How are plans for the Vardo coming along? Always wanted to build one out of an old 4WD fire truck (in preparation for mother natures big cull) to haul my guns and turnips around in. I'm told it would make a nice bachelor pad.
Seats are all taken out of the back now, so had a measure up for kitchen stuff and seating that will fold out to make a bed. Doing it on a tight budget, so no frills

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Getting my wife's bike ready for hibernation. She won't ride in weather under 50°F, and I rarely have time to ride her bike to work because I try to keep it off the freeways. The KLR will continue to be ridden as long as the roads aren't wet or icy, and even some then, but in the woods instead of commuting.
Also readied the old beetle for slumber, as I try to keep it out of the salt best I can, lest I end up with a car fulla holes. Tomorrow I hope to fix the heat in the jeep as well as fixing my winch, so it can be the designated bad weather ride, and I don't have to worry about morons sliding into my new pickup.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Seats are all taken out of the back now, so had a measure up for kitchen stuff and seating that will fold out to make a bed. Doing it on a tight budget, so no frills
You're going to be the belle of the ball with that lift... plus your dad can load you if that bike decides to kick you back. BTW, it's probably getting close to my turn to make a roller starter. How did your son's turn out?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
i happened to come across this little-used Foxley starter for £350 and junior couldnt make his figures for making one stack up against that. His frame, wheels and bearing carriers are still in the barn, but he lost interest when he realised there'd be little profit to be made. I've got plans I can email to you, look out for them in your inbox over the next day or so.

That ramp is ace and takes hardly any room up. Rated to 300kg and makes loading a bike, or rolling me in on a sack barrow a piece of cake

IMG_0390.JPG

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
One of my least favourite jobs. Making control cables. Can't buy this one off the shelf as it has to go through the manual advance in the mag before the little tit gets soldered on. One of these days, I should invest in a proper soldering gun. The goldilocks model that get the temperature just right.

BTH TT.jpg BTH Cable.jpg

1041 - 1060 of 2047 Posts