Cafe Racer Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 2047 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Made new steps for the porch, don't judge the bottom step is from the old set just need to get another tread and paint them to match
View attachment 13998
I wanta borrow the spare Trials bike to traverse ZedX's new steps- But, please test the Air Bag Sensor first- or, at least have the Beer from the Chicken Butt ready - I'll probably need it.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Made new steps for the porch, don't judge the bottom step is from the old set just need to get another tread and paint them to match
View attachment 13998
I wanta borrow the spare Trials bike to traverse ZedX's new steps- But, please test the Air Bag Sensor first- or, at least have the Beer from the Chicken Butt ready - I'll probably need it.
If it's not cold enough to leave the beer outside we put it in the fridge, you have a couple of those. I'd bet you'll find it works better then what you're doing now.

Oh, and the steps look good.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am, the post's waiting for the approval of a moderator.
And I've read the sticky post, I feel at home among assholes ;)
I'm more into bikes in general as you will see in the presentation (hopefully soon)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Spending way too much time on this site, so grabbed the todo list.... Nut holding the drive sprocket on requires 80 ft.lb so made a holder that butts up against the swingarm. Most important part is the hole for the hook on the wall so I can find the thing again. Please excuse the chrome plated acorn nuts.

sprocket holder.jpg Sprocket holder 2.jpg

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I am, the post's waiting for the approval of a moderator.
And I've read the sticky post, I feel at home among assholes ;)
I'm more into bikes in general as you will see in the presentation (hopefully soon)
Didn't know they approved anything. Must be random based on what gets posted here. If you do mono shock conversions, please don't post a picture unless it looks like this.

TPV.jpg

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Wishing it wasn't raining so I could go put some miles on my new tires

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Slow Friday at work, so watching some classic bike racing on Goodwood. Barry Sheene memorial race 2016

IMG_20190412_123508.jpg

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Did my first valve adjustment on a boxer engine last night and buttoned everything up today to role it out on the weekend. Plugs looked nearly new so cleaned'm and re installed the body work. Over the winter I added some electrics, a fuze block, aux lights, usb port, and heated seat. I changed the air filter, new foot pegs, 1 inch lift on the bars and gave the fender some fiber glass repair and a rattle can paint job. I can't finish until it's outside. Bike won't fit out the door with hand guards mirrors and bar ends on. Then it's just heat it up and change the oil. Now I'm kinda pacing the cage to get rolling. IMG_2151.JPG IMG_2152.JPG IMG_2153.JPG

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Didn't you get the memo :| maple syrup is done and that means riding season is here.
I'm going to be at Woody's in Perth on Sunday setting up trials sections (you know the place?) if you have nothing to do drop by.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You don't ride in rain! Why not? That's how I know if my tires are any good.

Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa <- awesome rain tire if you can fit them.
... assuming Pirelli doesn't go and change it :|
I would ride in the rain, but my wife has threatened terrible things against me and my bike if I did. Funny she didnt care when I had better life insurance

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Rosso corsa are damn decent track tires too. Last a helluva lot longer than the supercorsa's i keep burning through...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yea, just saw yer post. Was watching the ice pellets bouncing off the porch and thought great day for a ride. Seriously though had I noticed it earlier I'd have made the effort. I'd like to get involved in some riding events even as a volunteer. What I lack in skill I make up for in enthusiasm.(almost) Play safe.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I bought a Lotos LT5000D plasma cutter a few months ago and finally got to try it today. I'm finishing a walk in closet so I was only cutting 2" angle iron and some 1/8" inch mild plate but it is a nice little unit. Dual auto voltage, I was using it with 115 in and 20amp out. The dial has a scale for each voltage, cutting a heat sink like aluminum it'll likely need 220. No pilot but you don't need to scratch to start the arc and it will start on mildly rusted new metal. Haven't tried something really corroded. Ground lead is too short but the stick lead is good. Solid box and handle. It comes with 220 3 prong twist fitting (not your stove) so you have to buy the adapter tail ($17.00 at hardware store). It's a California company. I haven't seen a bad review by someone that seemed to know what there doing. A couple good videos of it on you tube.

I had been looking at Lotos for a while and I saw it in December for $328.20Cdn, delivered, from Amazon. I thought it had come down in price but I guess it was on sale. When I pulled up the page today and they are $655.00, which was the price I was prepared for when I bought mine. I think at that it's good value. Time will tell.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004VFJL14/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Always fun to play with new tools

·
Registered
28 Posts
I washed my Guzzi today! First time in a couple of years, now she's shiny. And I'm wondering how long will it take for mods to approve my presentation topic!?

1841 - 1860 of 2047 Posts