Cafe Racer Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 2047 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I rode and rode and rode. Till all was right, with me at least. Sunshine, twisties, rock cuts, hot coffee by a lake on "Buckshot road". Even the road name was cool. Finally a stop at a watering hole in the middle of no where. Had a constant barrage of waves and nods with extra enthusiasm from all others that were riding off their hibernation dust. Fuck I love motorcycles. Have a great day.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Going to the DMV to put my new (to me) Ducati S4 monster on the road.
View attachment 97773
I rented one of those in Italy a bunch of years back for the Motogiro d'Italia, same color even. At one point a motorcycle cop on a BMW pulled up next to me at a light, started revving his engine and looked over at me like he wanted to run when it turned... I didn't take up his challenge but yeah, ya gotta love Italy! FWIW I got passed on the outside of a turn by one of those BMW mounted cops. Right on the yellow line, scraping shit as he went by. They aren't afraid to hustle those things along!

Anyway... looks like a fun bike, enjoy!

I spent some of yesterday riding my Monster on it's initial outing for the season. I think about selling it each winter, but then in the spring it just works so well.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,885
Put more then 50 miles on it this afternoon just bombing around.
WAY faster then the 750 I had a while ago.

she is due for belts and a service, but other then that she will just be a rider.
figured it ticked a lot of boxes as a street bike.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Bought my Suzuki Bandit a belly pan and a pair of red handlebar grips :)
Begun all the paperworks to get my Guzzi California the Italian Motorcycle Federation's gold plate, which certifies it's 100% original, something my dad always wanted to do :)
I thought this was interesting. From Wikipedia.

"The first California was designed in consultation with the Los Angeles Police Department Traffic Division to replace the department's Moto Guzzi V7s.[1][2] It originally had a left-foot gearshift, a bulletproof Lexan windshield and a sprung sidestand, along with the requisite siren, radio, extra police lights, and a standing quarter mile time of under 16 seconds.[citation needed] Later other police departments used them, including the California Highway Patrol."

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in a hurry now but can tell that as far as I remember V7s were chosen over HD for CHP due to their easiness of access for maintenance - Italian cylinders were easier to work on if compared to Harley's.
The V7 was also fast and rugged for its time.
It's still fast nowadays, mine is still capable of 160 kilometers per hour despite its age (46) and its mileage (320.000 kilometers or 200.000 miles give or take some).
Dad always wanted a HD Electra Glide but every time he managed to save enough to buy one, it increased the price. That's why he decided to buy the Guzzi instead, its 38th and last motorcycle :)

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
of course... I notice this today:

The fork drain bolt gasket gave up the ghost...

The bolt is gooned anyways so it's a chance to replace that too.... Now I have to dig up what weight fork oil I used and how much.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I was out testing my suspension tweaking. Finally got it dialed in, and it was like a switch was turned on.

'11338791-129Slayer.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Removed many of the most cartoonish stickers from my Bandit.
Bringing her to the mechanic later this afternoon to adjust the throttle and fitting new front brake pads :)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
One of the pieces for the ejector ejected itself into the swamp long ago. Finally decided to make a new one. Milled down apiece of key stock to the correct thickness and added a dove tail. Making the retaining screw and milling a slot into it was fun. Second photo is the test fit of the dove tailed stock... still needs the pointy bit and has to be shortened to length. Not M/C related but gives me a reason to avoid putting fork seals in the CBX550 forks.

IMG_0669.JPG IMG_0672.JPG IMG_0678.JPG IMG_0682.JPG

·
Registered
703 Posts
Today, I'll be finishing work at 11am (in two hours time), nipping into Nottingham for a coffee with the other half then home to service my S1000R as I've just received the OBD connector for it and then I'll be putting the temp fuel tank on the RF900 to see if the fuel pump works as it should.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I pulled the Aprilia out of storage in prep for a track day on Monday. Then pulled the 851 out too, just because. Fooking 851 is spraying itself with gasoline while running. F'ing ethanol in fuel. F'ing hoses that can't stand up to ethanol. F'ing problem child 851 that ALWAYS wants attention. I haven't pulled the tank yet to see what's wrong, I just shoved it into the garage and am letting it think about what it's done wrong... It's a Ducati track day and there will be demo bikes there. Maybe if I threaten it by riding a 959 it'll straighten up and fly right?

Ah, who am I fooling... the 851 would make a perfect stablemate for a 959. It's the Monster that should be worried.

1881 - 1900 of 2047 Posts