Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've got an idea bouncing around, and i want to see if it's possible.

i really love the new honda dream 50. i'd like to build a street legal bike like it to tool around town with. so here's my question. i have a honda express sr 50cc scooter motor lyiing around, and i've got a line on some serious performance parts for it. would it be possible or even feasible to get a frame, something kinda small, like the dream 50, and build my own custom bike using this motor? something that will scoot around at around 45 or 50? i'm sure anything is possible, but does this sound mechanically worth it?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Most of the guys on this forum have built a few bikes from the ground up. In most cases when it comes to something that custom... you'll end up spending more money than you would on a cool bike like the Ruckus or that new Honda Solo single or a nice used MB5.

I've done frames, frame swaps etc. Whole lot o work.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, that's what i thought. maybe i'll just keep this one the back-burner and do some work here and there to kill time.

by the way, what's an mb5?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
It's small 50cc two stroke Honda street bike. About 80% the size of a regular bike. Pretty cool little machines.
JohnnyB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts