Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
so, what do you think? will it last or look like a series of speedbumps by next may? pretty cool though. wow, a smooth t1, and t5. can you say 4 wide through t6???

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
next years gonna be stupid!

texy

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Very cool that they are making enough money down there to do a repave. Gotta be fun to race on new stuff. Going to be seasoned nicely over the winter and ready to go by spring.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they have all three tracks running most weekends, and at least two during the week. fbi and local law enforcement rent the tracks to do high speed maneuvers and training.

if you ever come down.....bring a dirt bike too!

tex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
riding on the new surface at mid ohio was incredible. not a single bump. it was as smooth as a pool table. and whatever they put donw there was really weird because it didnt rip up tires. like they werent all balled up and marbled wehn you can in. but it was really grippy. i think since we have been escaping the aweful aweful winters, it should be good. and after the spring events with the potholes opening, they kinda had to do something.

pretty neat.

jc

·
Registered
66 Posts
EVERYBODY must break 1:40 in 2008. Oh man, it's gonna be great. I need to find a cheap CB...maybe I can squirrel that one back from Kenny.

Dudes, got the Duc back together last night with a head that breathes and new rings...after some overlooked timing issues, it fired up at 8pm. Off to Barber on Wed...I'll try and get some good video and pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hominyjones/

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
whatevs,

Who did the head work on your Ducati? I thought I had heard the same guy that did JohnnyB's and mine did yours. If so, you'll be happy.

Craig

·
Registered
66 Posts
Craig,

Mike Rich out in PA did it. I havne't tested it yet, but he put it on his flow bench and I saw the before and after figures. It's nice to see a guy who works from first principles, not just old-world stuff. Looks good...I'll see how it goes at Barber! I almost can't rememnber what it was like when it ran strong.

-Aron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
dude, good luck and kick some ass down there. and dont forget your socks!!! be sure to let us know how it went. i wish i had enough of a cb to get you. i got a total kit cb you can have. but itd be alot of work.

joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts