Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch this... Remember these bikes are 830+lbs.

-Deek

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Looks just like Huron River drive, between Ann Arbor & Dexter... minus a thousand bicyclists, and joggers, and Sunday driving Buicks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you put a bunch of MotoGP wannabe's on HRD then it would be the same as the Dragon. Make sure they all cross the center line too. How many people are killed each year at the Dragon between cars and bikes? I think I would rather take my chances on HRD.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Heres a link to Randakks RC003 Goldwing. He's the big cheese when it comes to the GL 1000 Goldwings.

http://www.randakks.com/Randakk's%20Endurance%20Special.htm

Check out them ultra cool front brakes!!!
DG

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've seen this video before - You can actually hear the bike dragging on each corner, I hope it's not the engine valve covers...

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
First off, a 1978 naked goldwing is not the same as a modern honda civic...um...I mean goldwing.

All the good work of this video was undone last night when I got stuck behind a new goldwing-sidecar rig doing 15 mph through my neighborhood. Two dudes, riding two up, with an empty sidecar, on a purple goldwing with more lights than used by the entire special effects department of close encounters - not gay at all!

that vid is cool. Seen it before. Remember, for every cool scraping gw there are 5 tools who scrape too much and have a get off at the dragon.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Judeyramone

Looks just like Huron River drive, between Ann Arbor & Dexter... minus a thousand bicyclists, and joggers, and Sunday driving Buicks.
I live maybe five minutes from there - I do a lot of my shakedown runs on that road... (And it's not nearly as cool as Deal's Gap - in fact it's not even as cool as the roads in Southern Indiana around Columbus and Bloomington)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mr Fischer

Heres a link to Randakks RC003 Goldwing. He's the big cheese when it comes to the GL 1000 Goldwings.

http://www.randakks.com/Randakk's%20Endurance%20Special.htm

DG
Now THAT is cool! I like that alot... especially the supercharged version!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jmanz6

If you put a bunch of MotoGP wannabe's on HRD then it would be the same as the Dragon. Make sure they all cross the center line too. How many people are killed each year at the Dragon between cars and bikes? I think I would rather take my chances on HRD.
do you live around ann arbor? judy and I are in brighton.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

on a purple goldwing with more lights than used by the entire special effects department of close encounters -
"They can fly circles around us....but we're miles ahead of them on the road"

JohnnyB

·
Registered
70 Posts
I live in Waterford but I have been out on HRD. I also like Hines Drive when it's not under water. In Waterford we have a lot of lakes and all of the roads around the lakes are pretty fun too when there is no traffic.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I know that on the GL1500 the engine guard and plastic shroud drag well before you could touch a cylinder head. I was delivering a new bike to him and the customer never noticed.

Ken

·
Registered
896 Posts
that is some sweet riding, I never knew that a civic could impress me so much..... when I was working at Valley Motorsports I picked up a goldie that had been in a collision.... I won't get into details but the guy bit the windshield as he hit the car in front of him at 65mph, wish I got a pic of his clown face scar.... ouch, cars suck, well idiots should be allowed to drive them anyway....

·
Registered
720 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mr Fischer

DG
I have an FZR1000 front end on my 77 with 320mm rotors and 4 pot calipers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts