Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my newest ride!

1962 BSA Royalstar 500 Twin.....Hardtail Chopper!

Enjoy!

-Buck

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
maybe I'm not seeing straight but I'm unable visually acquire much of anything nice about it

except maybe if it's paid for

and the fact it has potential if it's eventually anglo-saxonized

first place to start, assuming the timing side bushing is nice, would be putting a machined solid spacer in place of the stack of thin crank shims, if they haven't managed to frazzle themselves into non-existence as of yet

if you would like to have the internal organs from a last of the run "71-73" lumps

let me know

I have a few in bags and the later stuff has key bits nitrided, some bigger studs where time proved the smaller stuff to be inadequate

better oil pump

and a few other minor details like superior case ventilation and such

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you have to ask whats nice about it? how about that fact its fucking orange?????

jc

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Its right side shift, maybe that is nice? Nice seat? Nice rust? Nice aircleaner? I'm not hatin, just wondering. Does Buck have too much money, burning a hole in his pocket??

I would pull the motor and make it into a vintage racer. Then stick a Honda cb450 motor in that frame.

Ken

·
Registered
699 Posts
i understand that it is a "period" bike, but it hurts me to look at it

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Buck-

That thing looks fast just standing still. Do ya think it'll clear the canyon...or even the NHmS infield pond?

rock on hexagon-
TT

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
a pre71 BSA frame that has perfect classic rigid lines isn't an easy thing to make happen

as many of them as I've had

I've only had two that I thought had perfect lines

and one had it's backbone and headstock jacked about

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
dudes....

buck loves his new bike and really doesn't give a flying fuck what you think.

cheers,

tex

p.s.- tim, he want's to jump the NHMS pond while on fire!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I hate that

I was hoping he'd not like it and give it to me

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
OK Buck,
Pull the motor and rebuild it. Then detail out the chopper frame and stuff. While you are working on the frame, put the BSA motor into a CB350 frame and race it until the chopper frame is ready.

Ken

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
ken,

buck really wants to race that old bsa.....in a different chassis of course. i think it could be a 500gp killer....until roper or a manx shows up!

looks like road america might be back on the schedule again (forgot to tell you that it came off).

red bull derby is still on the calender, just looking for an effort to get behind. if not, buck and i will be down attending/spectating and of course giving advice to all the teams and drivers. i really would like to organize a camera crew for interviews if buck isn't racing.

cheers,

texy

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Texy,

I'm glad Road A is back on. I still have that stocker CB350 for you, cause I know you don't have and can't get enough of them.

Ken

1 - 17 of 17 Posts