Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wats going on everyone? I am new to motorcycle restoration, and conversion for that matter. Due to the college life my funds are rather limited, therefore i have become content with focusing on cheaper vintage japanese models. I recently acquired an old Suzuki gt550 along with a manual, 3 extra carbs, and another gt550 engine that im not sure works for about 200 bucks. Can this be a good cafe racer project? and if so I need to know where to start on this bike, as well as the chronological order in which i should go about converting this bike into a nice racer. Here's samples of what im up against!!

SPEED!!! My new anit-drug

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow!!! So what's the bad news??? No im just kidding, Thank all of you for the constructive responses. I will keep everyone updated on my progress, and decisions

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well since im already completely screwed according to you inspiring gentlemen, I guess i'm jus gonna have to learn from this one, i would appreciate any help that i can get from you guys, like i said i stay right down in Upper Marlboro. I'm gonna post another picture of the spare engine and carbs, and air filter that i have probably tomarrow. From there, i don't kno??

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you so much man for all the information. I'm not completely new at mechanics, just at technical aspact of motorcycle design. The majority of tools, and other things needed to complete the project i already have in my personal garage. And your right, it would be to cool if i were a engineering major, and had access to that sort of equipment. But i will try to contact these guys, and some other enthusiast within the area, to help me along the way. But to everyone who has posted, thank ya'll for everything. feel free to keep givin advice!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.