Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
This has been a great exercise in getting in touch with our feelings. Maybe we should do a poetry contest for Feb, with the theme "What 'Café Racer' Means to me". It would work well for Valentine's day.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Things that we can not talk about on CR

-Politics
-Religion.
-Sexual orientation
-Guns
-labels of motorcycles
-bearings

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Yeah but when I am putting a .308 inch hole in a piece of paper that is 450 yard from me I need to know the math.
The math is fascinating.
So that paper is 4 feet below here I am siting. But the wind is blowing the smoke from the eclectic train west. So I need to take the shot at 8:12am before the butterfly flaps his wings.
Wait FUCK what? Now I am lot too.

Fact is that everyone does different things in different ways.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
I've found the topic relating to my love of Nazi square dancing, not a good dinner party conversation starter.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Just because, I started this thread to perhaps get an idea as to why this forum is named what it is.

I'd say if you open a forum named "chopper.net", you'd have in your mind a fairly easily defined description of a chopper as a basis for a forum you are creating around it. You likely wouldn't allow baggers, scooters and dual sports. Cafe racers would be absolutely forbidden.

Kind of along the lines of a question I posed in a different thread: What single keyboard character would make the "Project Build Section" better? Answer: & (as in "Project & Build Section")

So, what I'm getting here is that if a person builds an altered cruiser that performs better than stock, and has at least one indesputable cafe racer feature (like clip-on handlebars), it could become a 'cafe racer' because the definition is "soft science"

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Politicians will tell you - and they are not always wrong - that polls give every uninformed idiot an equal say as the person who is informed and can make a logical distinction between different points being made. Politicians in this country try to adjust for that by adjusting voting boundaries and eliminating those who do not subscribe to their view. Other countries have different "correction strategies".

I have a call in to the Koch organization to see if I can raise some funds to buy, I mean influence the outcome of any poll to ensure we have the "correct" outcome and minimize damage done by lesser individuals who really should not vote in any CR.net pole.

And next time I am trying to make 0.5" holes in paper at 500 yards I need that spreadsheet to work out which way to point the gun.....

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i think the assumption that all the youngsters who come here talking about playing with bikes have no passion is wrong. naive, ignorant, inexperienced yes, but not without passion.
G'day m8.

I said WE were young and passionate. That does not mean that others are something else or even that we are no longer passionate. It's not a comparative term. Where in Melbourne Brad? I was in North Coburgistan a couple of weeks ago and then down the G.O.R.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
i think the assumption that all the youngsters who come here talking about playing with bikes have no passion is wrong. naive, ignorant, inexperienced yes, but not without passion.
Bikers who devote decades to motorcycles, have passion. A guy who spends a year or two in fevered visionary zeal, may just be in the grip of mania.

The time will tell. And it does.

Danger, is
my business."

·
Registered
773 Posts
im in oakleigh during the weekdays and malvern east other times.

i haven't been down the gor for a long time. the section from apollo bay to lavers hill was always fun, if it wasn't wet and bark strewn. duane at fuel injected motorcycles used to live down near lavers hill, and i'd occasionally be belting around the roads down there data logging bikes.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
True however........I feel the ones that are passionate are not the ones that start out saying, "hey I want t o build a cafe and have never rode before any ideas". The passionate you do not really hear about......... their just doing.

For the record this is more of a racer site than cafe racer. Cafe was a small window in motorcycle time....only now is cafe resurrected due to a new found love with the nostalgic cafe styling.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts