Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a final in a class I took I had to redesign the triple tree off of a 78 or 79 swiss dirt bike that my teacher owns. Here are my renderings.

assembly

exploded view

top clamp

bottom clamp

Hope you guys enjoy. It was a fun little project.

p.s. if those images don't work for some reason (aka I'm forum retarded) here's the link:

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/kdg4z3

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about the images. They didn't work. If anyone would like to give me a tip that would be great.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The last three letters of the string should be .jpg, I clicked on your red X's and the properties show a .png at the nd of the string.
The link at the bottom doesn't work either.
If you try again and it doesn't work send the pics to me in an email
[email protected]

Cheers, Graham

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry images still didn't work BANDIT email sent. But now the link should.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Here's your pics Zoulou...

·
Registered
699 Posts
what program you using? my REAL job is a drafting gig, i use just autocad now, but in school i was in solid edge and inventor a lot. clamps look good, but what did you change up on them vs. what was stock? good job!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot BANDIT. But those were done in Pro-E or Pro/Engineering. Its a dimension based 3d program like Inventor. I have both autocad and invertor on my own personal computer. They are nice but I really like Pro-E in 3d. But my changes were adding a clamp to the stem to stiffen the suspension. Also I added the second bolt on the clamps for the forks on the top clamp. Then just generally shaved down as much material as possible. The whole underside is cut out leaving a 5 mm wall all the way around. Then for looks i gave it good bit of filleting on the hard corners.

·
Registered
699 Posts
right on, sounds good. Pro-E is something i have never used even though its widely used in industry. I really miss working with inventor, i loved it. Clamp looks really nice and i totally agree with the changes that you made. Nice work

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments Tyler. Inventor is nice but Pro-E blows it out of the water. If you ever get a chance to use it take full advantage of it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I work at a chemical plant now and all we do is 2-d stuff. its a cush job and i dont see myself leaving for a really long time, so i probably wont see pro-e unless i get a wild hair to take some classes. it is hard for me to believe it blows inventor out of the water, i loved that program! look what you have done...now i really want to learn pro-e!! LOL!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha sorry if i disturbed your peaceful existence Tyler but pro-e is definitely worth while to learn if you get the chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts