Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on a KZ650, running, with title. I've been hip-deep in Honda since I started this stuff, so I know nothing about the KZ. Anybody care to chime in on this bike?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
A KZ650 will pretty much kick the crap out of any honda sohc.
I love honda sohc4's, but the kz650.... It's a special motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I rode my neighbor's KZ650 and it was snappy as hell. It's pretty spotless and was completely rebuilt and had some pods and a Vance exhaust on it. It sounds extremely sexy and I was suprised he handed me the keys and told me to take her out for awhile. I damn near shit myself. lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you really want to some HP you can bolt a KZ900/1000 engine in a KZ frame. I'm not sure if all year frames will accept it but I know around 78 or so they were doing that around here. I don't think you could get the cam cover off but it did fit. It would fool some people that didn't really know what they were looking at.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Yep. not near a direct bolt in, like the 750.
The 650 engine is a gem, though.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
The 650 I wrecked on. What an awesome bike.

And yeah, how many other classics look as cool as this and can still seat 2 people?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I bought a KZ650 a few years ago. Bit of a heap visually. Pulled the motor (its under the bench right now), Kept some bits and used some on the sidecar. Have the tach and speedo awaiting further instructions from Geet as to despatch details. The motor might go into a future sidecar.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
email sent.

it is not pm, it is really just you click on a members name and you can send him an email from the profile page. I sent it before you posed your email address and then didn't check the board for a few days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts