Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the CB450 cafe racer bike...
Put the 32mm carbs on it. Using a Motion Pro cable.

Here's the problem: I can't use the stock throttle housing because it won't pull the cable far enough to open the carbs all the way. If I use the MotionPro throttle, I get full carb opening, but I need to move the killswitch and high/low/off headlight switch off the handlebar.

Other than getting some marine quality switches to mount somewhere betweent the tach/speedo, what can I do? Its nice to have the headlight switch reachable by thumb. Ideas?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Rob...maybe you could take the OEM throttle housing and mill off the outer part that holds the throttle sleeve and squeeze it close enough to the MP throttle to keep it? Although many times the OEM lever perch won't let the brake lever reach around the large MP throttle housing.
Maybe depending on cable layout you could rotate the MP throttle housing until smaller back side makes room for the lever.....still the lever might be a bit awkward...not reaching far enough out over the grip.

I would have thought the OEM throttle would have 32mm of pull on it...maybe find an OEM throttle off a Honda with bigger carbs?
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:
Rob...maybe you could take the OEM throttle housing and mill off the outer part that holds the throttle sleeve and squeeze it close enough to the MP throttle to keep it? Although many times the OEM lever perch won't let the brake lever reach around the large MP throttle housing.
Maybe depending on cable layout you could rotate the MP throttle housing until smaller back side makes room for the lever.....still the lever might be a bit awkward...not reaching far enough out over the grip.

I would have thought the OEM throttle would have 32mm of pull on it...maybe find an OEM throttle off a Honda with bigger carbs?
I don't have access to a mill, and I feel bad asking Frank to do all my machining work. I tried moving the OEM throttle housing up on the clipons, but it looks like ass and doesn't stay on well. I'll just use some waterproof switches until I can find a housing from another bike.

Thanks for the ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts