Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a total newb...as evidenced by the subject on my post.

Question:

Is the Thruxton a respected cafe racer of 2008 or is it too modern with the amenities (hidden fuel injection, etc) to be considered a true cafe racer?

I need hard core Ton Ups and Rockers to chime in.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
dude...do you like the bike? will you put tons of miles on it? if yes, it's the perfect bike for you. i've already run a new bonneville into the ground.

but OK, now i'll let the hardcore tonups & rockers give you the way cooler opinions.

-tt

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Who the hell cares. Ride the bike if YOU like it.

If you like the way the bike looks and rides, then get one.

Personally, I think they look like crap. But what do I know. I ride a Sprint RS.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if you have to ask what is hardcore then you won't understand the answer.....

Seriously this is a scene-ster kind of poseur question. you might as well be asking "what is the fastest way I can look the part without doing all the work". a cafe-racer is in the rider not the bike.

(psst....I ride a ducati sport 1000 and I don't hear anybody calling me a poseur).

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
oh and if any "hard core" rockers and "ton-ups" chime in they will most likely put a foot up your arse.

go here -----> http://dotheton.com/

I hear they really look like something out of 1959. No idea about their bikes but they certainly look hardcore. Some of them even have real pretty pompadours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This isn't a buying question. I am just trying to get a pulse on the cafe racer. Technically, the only REAL (if there is such a thing) CR is old, British and highly customized.

Just not sure you can capture that in a factory bike (well the British part you can). Like Geeto67 said, to a certain extent, I think cafe racer is more about the rider than it is the bike. Like I said, I am a newb and appreciate your opinions. I'm not a poser planning a purchase just curious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the Thruxton. It's a great "out of the box" start. Not sure if it could be considered a true cafe. Not my call, anyway. I'll leave that up to the experts on here.

I think it has the heart of one. It is British, after all. [:p]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts