Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
rosko,

i know you are gonna spread this on nycvinmoto......

anyway you can start to collect real interest and forward it to karl (bearing in mind that nycvinmoto members aren't uscra yahoo group members)?

i'll try to start motivating our meager collection of phillyvinmoto types.

tex

p.s.- ken essex should fly in from alaska just to shame the new englanders who won't travel more than an hour or two.......

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been e-mailing Karl off list since I got the word. I REALLY want to see this happen.

To anyone reading this who may have a hand in organizing the event:
I will do anything I can to secure an event in the NY area. Feel free to contact me for help in any capacity. rallying racers, volunteers, sponsors, spectators, equip... whatever. REALLY.

[email protected]

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yeah, a Monday or a Friday would be good, maybe in October. That's an easy drive from all points in NE.
A two day event would be even better but I guess we should take what we can and get our foot in the door for 2009.
Cross pollination with the other clubs would be good too. Maybe recipricate licenses/memberships.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
uscra should allow the same two races free (no membership required) that wera does.....of course no championship points are tallied.

uscra is pretty cheap (is it still $35).....

however compounded with the mandatory ama membership ($45), it's just as expensive as wera ($75).

but you do get that GREAT ama magazine every month.....whoop-e!

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Latest news from Karl on the skulls page is the only Monday available is Oct 27th. (The average temp at that time for southern NJ is 50 to 65, which is warmer than most of the races I have attended at NHMS/NHIS). He is ballparking the cost at $150 first race, $50 additional. This looks like a good event to me! A halloween race! With a name like Casper, I better get to the podium! Boo! :)

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Waulp! Looks like we were not fast enough, latest from skulls forum:

"Bob, et al-
I talked with the track again this morning and we're out of luck, Oct.
27-28th just got taken by another organization, so we're down to
mid-week dates only. Take a look at the available dates.

Peace
Karl"

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Registered
725 Posts
Folks, still working on it, Mid Week dates suck, I'm sorry we couldn't get that monday, but something that late in the season is also a worry... I know I'm normally broke and tired of racing by that point...

Peace
karl (back to my full time job as an Albanian Hacker)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts