Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, folks just sold the old cl360 cafe racer (chupathingy) i built.
looking to get into another slightly more updated cafe platform. any ideas as far as the late 80's to 90's bikes that are a good start? looking like the gb500 is out of the box cafe, as are some other bikes, but i'd like an inexpensive bike not a goldmine... i'd get a new ducati for that! just want a bike that doesn't "hurt" to ride like the old cl360 was.

any suggestions, (sv 650's, gpz's, bandits, other standards???)
any lines on said starting point? any lines on the bikes?? gonna add that to the sale section, too. thanx ppl

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
My guess is, you mean GB500, no?

·
Registered
854 Posts
i would say to jump into a NT650 Honda!!

- single sided swing arm
- v-twin
- and its a Honda

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
well I just went out and snagged myself a super crisp MB 300 series love wagon cafe racer

really it is a cafe racer because the windows are tinted very dark

good for a few ticks beyond 140

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I just went out and got a new Stihl MS310 chain saw, 20" bar. It's got some real balls compared to my old Stihl 024 Wood Boss. This baby is commercial quality, cut through some 30" diameter red oak out back like butter.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well,you have several choices for 80's bikes.
Of course the late 70's through the 80's is when they start "modernizing" sport bikes for a lack on a better term.

You had the:
Honda-CBF's,VF,VF-R's,CBX's,CX-Turbos
Kawasaki-GPZ's,Ninjas,E.L.R's
Yamaha-Secas/XJ's,FZ's,XZ550 Vision(very cool bike ahead of it's time in many respects,but had it's flaws)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_XZ_550
Suzuki-GS1000/1100/1150,850,750,650,550 etc.(Damn,no wonder I used to see so many GS's!),Katana's(the REAL ones,not the later ones with the same name) and the later Icon...GSX-R 750 which for street riders was probably the most important sport bike to come out since the Honda 750 Four.

It was basically a race bike with lights and I was in awe the first time I saw one in the flesh uh..fiberglass. It looked so light and spindally that if it would have fallen over the frame would just snap in half right there where it fell. In comparison it made the VFR100R I had later on look like a fat pig,a very,very fat pig.
http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-R-series/GSX-R750_a.shtml

1 - 9 of 9 Posts