Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Rod Tingate does some beautiful work. Didn't he build Kim Newcome's Koenig and a few replicas? I have a set of his pull forward clip ons for short bikes and long riders and he did some repair work on my son's TZ after he threw it on the ground going into Turn 1 at Broadford. Tingate does some great work. He's a craftsman. But we all have a different idea as to what makes for aesthetically pleasing.

The nicest Sr500 EVER was a DCM (Dave Camier) and it was dead set gorgeous. Pure sex on wheels. Dreer's Norton isn't bad but it's a bit of a tart's handbag. As for the Britten - it's in a class of one.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's a tt500. A few differences but semantics really. The chassis will fit the whole range of xt/xt/sr. I would hardly call it cobbled together either. It looks like a race bike, like it should.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It's a tt500. A few differences but semantics really. The chassis will fit the whole range of xt/xt/sr. I would hardly call it cobbled together either. It looks like a race bike, like it should.
Well compared to Norman Hossack's XL 500 race bike, that dominated it's class for a year or two, yep, I'd say "cobbled together".

Hossack XL500.jpg

Danger, is
my business."

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
IMAG0441.jpg
This is way better than all that Yamaha 2 valve junk and all those converted dirt bikes. It is the most beautifullest ever.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Don't care. I love that thing. It's not pretty, but it's rad. Would ride. More because it's a Tingate bike. Got Kim Newcomb to nearly win the title before his untimely passing and before he could upset MV's dominance. Love an underdog story. Tingate was a part of that.

Ken. I want your SR.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
It is an FT500 not an SR. I got rid of my last SR racebike in about 1984. It was heavy, slow and broke the swingarm like they all will eventually if raced.

Ken

21 - 40 of 94 Posts