Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in final process of converting my 74 honda cl360 to cafe style and need to put new front/rear tires on my stock rims...I know the stock size for the rear is 3.50s-18...any idea how much larger I can go on a tubed tire with this stock rim? any links to decent tires? thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didnt mean larger, I meant a better tire, but when I type in 3.5 in the tire searches at suppliers, it doesnt give me anything...is there a conversion I am missing?

·
Registered
204 Posts
i did the 90/90-18 up front and 110/90-18 in the back. Avon Roadriders, which are tubeless but can be fit with tubes just the same. Seem to be the most popular choices out there for these bikes along w/ the BT45 Bridgestones mentioned above. dotheton forum had a post with people describing the performance. nothing negative. both end up costing about the same for a front and back on dennis kirk anyways

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no matter how I try to search the net, i cant find 110/90 rear tires (avon roadriders)...WTF..manual says 3.5 rear, 3.0 front, is the 110/90 going too large?

·
Registered
699 Posts
convert to metric...1"=25.4mm's i am running 110/90's on my RD and when i need new tires i am going to BT45's with a 120 out back. i have heard really good things about the BT, so i'm going with that when it's time for new shoes

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts