Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been out of the bike seen for over 10 years. Bought a house that needed a lot if work and ths wife and kids needed attention etc.. Back when i was riding a lot Bridgestone Battleaxe and Continental Conti Attack were great tires. Are they still good tires or have other players surpassed them? Thanks

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
They are still good. There hasn't been a lot of progress on the vintage front. To that list I would Add Metzler Lazertecs and Avon Roadriders. I actually prefer the avons over all the others.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are still good. There hasn't been a lot of progress on the vintage front. To that list I would Add Metzler Lazertecs and Avon Roadriders. I actually prefer the avons over all the others.
Right on will check those out. I did once have an Avon on the back of a kz1000 1327 bike. Believe it was 225 wide, been a while. I remember it being a little cold natured like the battleaxe tires but real sticky once warmed up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It makes a big difference what bike and what size wheels you have. The bestest, newest, fastest tires are not offered in sizes to fit and work well on older bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts