Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In general, will mounting tires sized (110/90 -18F) and (120/90 – 18R) make a difference one way or another if a bike has tire/rim sizes to accept (100/90 -18 F) and (110/90 – 18 R) stock by the manufacturer? No clearance issues being a prerequisite.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Wide tyres on small rims tend to make the sidewalls angle wrong and the tyre will tend to squirm around as a result. Sometimes this is not that noticeable - other times it can make a bike damn near unrideable.

What you are suggesting is not too extreme an increase, so it will probably be OK. Although I do have memories of my old GS1150 that had a 130 on the rear standard - when I changed that to a 140 it was an absolute pig to ride.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I guess it does depend on the bike. I had one bike that I had bought with an oversized front tire; dam thing wouldn’t turn until I place the correct size on it. I think that was like 2 or 3 times bigger though……

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I found this thread 'cause mine is related:
I'm looking for cool looking Enduro/ dual sport tires for my 1980 cb750 (a set) and am having a hell of a time figuring out the "range" of tires that will fit. I have the stock Comstar wheels...everything's stock but the seat, lights, and gauges (for and idea of clearance) 90/90-19 to 100/90-19 on the front? 120/90-18 to 130/80-18 on the back?

is there a such thing as a "range" of tire that fits? What are Honda's recommended sizes? What can/does work? What won't work?

anyone have experience and/or suggestions for me?

thabjs for your time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts