Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do a 2 hour(or 150 laps) endurance race with a friend of mine on a 1975 cb125s. But we can't really find the stock sized tire(which we probably don't want anyway) The stock size is a 90/90-18 F and a a 100/90-17 rear. I would prefer that the tires stay DOT, but wouldn't mind doing slicks if I could find a dealer that had tires that size, and could them to me in a week. The race is on the 29th of sept, so Getting alittle pressed for time... Any idea on what will fit a 125 with out rubbing on major hard parts? I can bend fenders or what ever, but don't really want to cut the frame swing arm/redesign the whole thing...

I'm boing to be running it in the USMRR series:
http://www.miniroadrac.com

1975 CB 125
1998 Yamaha R1
2001 CBR600f4i
2006 DRZ400SM

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
michelin m29 competition. they also have a street tyre.
perelli make a ML75 that ive see as well.
check out the guys with fast mopeds, they have all the info on tyres.

havent used either.

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
what tyre did you go with and how is the little race bike coming along?

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
306 Posts
man, there are at least 4 or 5 of us on here who would buy those bridgestones if we could get them! anybody work at a tire or motorcycle shop where they can order the BT39SS from bridgestone?? my plan B is to just have a friend in Japan buy them, and send them over by boat...but thats alot of headache for a damn tire...

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

·
Registered
838 Posts
Guys,
These tires were originally developed for the 2004 Honda Dream 50R. The easiest way to get a set is to walk into or call your local Honda dealer's parts dept. Fronts and rears are the same. If they can't get them for some reason, which I doubt would be the case, give Vicious Cycle here in Portland, Oregon a call. I just talked with Rochelle and they are expecting a bulk order any day. I think the dealer gets about $55-60 each. Vicious is selling them for $69 each.
Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

·
Registered
306 Posts
thanks for the info guys! the tire size for the honda dream 50R is 2.50 x 18, which is PERFECT for the cb125 front wheel (and both wheels for me, since i am lacing an extra 18" front rim i have to my rear hub).

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." -Hunter S. Thompson

1 - 12 of 12 Posts