Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching around for tires for my '70 CL100 cafe project. Currently it has a 2.50" 18" on the front and a 3" 17" on the rear. I have had very litte luck other than the chen shins that I refuse to run.

·
Registered
77 Posts
75, I hear ya on this one.

I have a 74 cb125 with the same setup.

I went with irc's scooter tires. Sounds pretty lame, but it has a nice street tread pattern and looks nothing like the all purpose tires.

I think the model is called zap. good price too. $65 for two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. Where did you end up ordering them from? I found them on IRC thailand's 'site, hopefully I can find some a little more local.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
the moped/scooter race guys have a michilen perelli and dunlop tyre that fits. im goin with the street tyre from the french

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pirelli Sport Demon tires are pretty nice bias ply tires.

Most of the Ninja 250 crowd in-the-know run them with very good results.
I run them on my wife's baby Ninja and have no complaints. In the twisties my bike will stay with any other sport bike large or small with no drama(sliding/wiggles etc.).

They wear even and grip well and give good feedback. They also come in a large variety of sizes for odd-ball/vintage wheel sizes.

I have always wanted to try the Vintage looking Avon front and rear Speed Masters,but they are expensive for what they are are I don't know how well they would perform? They sure would look great on a display/parade/show bike though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts