Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not saying all new people are morons. Just most of you. We've had a lot of new people lately and think they know a lot of different trick shit. Try stick to threads and topics you know about. Here's a good example, if you've never raced and built a race bike, shut the fuck up...

Sincerely John Strempfer

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
aaron use your words ...what are you talking about ?Thats such a broad stroke of malice with no references.Try putting your comment in context what your refering to.At least give someone a chance to defend him or her self.The sniper approach is just not right.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Hi Aaron,
I think I know some trick shit. I have built some race bikes. But I am new here. I think I have tried to stay on topic although that is sometimes difficult to see since some of the old timers here seem to have their own personal conversations going on too. So, I guess I might be a MORON but if it is ok with you i might want to post one or two things here in the future. Should I e-mail everything to you first to see if it is totally moronic and I shouldn't post it? What if I am only semi-moronic? Will that be ok with you?
Oh yeah, I started racing in 77 on a 400f and have built at least 25 years of race bikes so I probably don't need any internet asshole telling me to "shut the fuck up"
Your Pal,
Ken
PS. Since one can not easily convey sarcasm and whatnot over the internet, Let it be known that I am not really pissed at anyone including John. However, this seems like a pretty good group of guys, like most racers, and there should be room for everyone to have their say. If I don't agree with what someone has posted I just ignore it or state my own opinion or experience which may be different. And John, just like I am not a moron, you are probably not an asshole. Although there are others here that apparently know you and may have their own opinion
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
this isnt aarons or johns board. dont listen to them.

jc

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i'm more like "Super Sexy and Smart with some Broad strokes of Malice which accent My Witty Self." Also an Aries, and unfortunately for evil, i'm not single, anymore.

bastards!

tex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
wow, i had a new person tonight. i have to say, delicious. tex, you promised not to tell.

(this is the moron thread right?)

now simma donna

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:
Hi Aaron,
I think I know some trick shit. I have built some race bikes. But I am new here. I think I have tried to stay on topic although that is sometimes difficult to see since some of the old timers here seem to have their own personal conversations going on too. So, I guess I might be a MORON but if it is ok with you i might want to post one or two things here in the future. Should I e-mail everything to you first to see if it is totally moronic and I shouldn't post it? What if I am only semi-moronic? Will that be ok with you?
Oh yeah, I started racing in 77 on a 400f and have built at least 25 years of race bikes so I probably don't need any internet asshole telling me to "shut the fuck up"
Your Pal,
Ken
PS. Since one can not easily convey sarcasm and whatnot over the internet, Let it be known that I am not really pissed at anyone including John. However, this seems like a pretty good group of guys, like most racers, and there should be room for everyone to have their say. If I don't agree with what someone has posted I just ignore it or state my own opinion or experience which may be different. And John, just like I am not a moron, you are probably not an asshole. Although there are others here that apparently know you and may have their own opinion
Ken

AHRMA 412
Ken,
I do not think your a moron. And to be clear I do like John but lets face it, he is an asshole. More then me even. It wasn't meant to be as negative as it sounded, it was really meant to keep people from blurting out shit. There are a lot of guys who know whats up, there are a lot of guys who are just new but will eventually know whats up, and then there are people that want to show what they know on the internet. You know what I mean? alskee750 for instance... good guy, not dumb either. I would just hate for someone like him who has the right questions and intentions, to get bombarded with ignorance. This happened to Joe Clancy, he started out in the right direction but I mean seriously, look how he ended up.

People can post what ever they want... just trying to make better use of the board.

Aaron

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Well since I can't be a moron (dn't tell my wife), can I at least still be semi-moronic at times here? If so, I can probaly offer some bad advice on Brit bikes and stuff.
Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
JB,
I can't believe they are refering to you as an asswh_-e!!
I always thought you were kinda smart.

Champ

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
thats mikes fault, dont blame me. hey aaron, i know how you feel. but i think in general, it actually goes in the right direction without needing a prodding. and the basis of it is the guys from new england and the club of racers in general. so there is already comraderie with alot of these people here before the board starts. so its going to carry over some. not to mention, the "caferacer" scene wasnt only about talking about building and stuff like that, but as much about being social as well. i mean, going from coffee shop to coffee shop wasnt really racing.

just my thought this morning

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Champ...yeah I know...that came out of nowhere :)

Nahh...can't be talking about me...I don't just think I know everything.... I DO know everything.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
>>>>>>>>Nahh...can't be talking about me...I don't just think I know everything.... I DO know everything.<<<<<<<

That's why I love ya man.......

Champ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts