Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question. What type of torque wrench serves you best while working on your fleet? do you normally go with a 3/8 rachet with a smaller ft/lb range or one with a wider in/lb and do the conversion in your head? Keep in mind i will probably only be able to purchase one (1) torque wrench of the craftsman variety. none of that high end tool bias for me. oh boy internet tool shopping!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
i have a craftsman 3/8" in my box. if it is below what my wrench will go to, i use a 1/4" drive rachet and just go by feel. if it is over what mine goes to (never encountered that on a bike yet...but have had it on my datsun pick up) i go get the air gun and give it a squirt.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that advice K fever, i was not really thinking about that, im sure your right.
Ahh yes, the old zap gun. Squirt is a technical term, im sure. thats funny
air compressor is a necessity to but a little further on down the line.

·
Registered
699 Posts
if you get an american wrench, just remember that there are 25.4mm in an 1", 304.8 in a foot, and there is .039370078" in 1mm...you should be good from there

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the craftsman clicker is nice. i rub all over bucky sextons snapons when hes not looking though.

jc

·
Registered
699 Posts
just remember to set the wrench back to "0" when you are done....i already trashed one wrench by forgetting to do that!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
its oh so wrong....and oh so right. if you had a bmw, youd probably know bucky.

jc

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by burntblacktoast

I don't know that guy but bucky sextons snapons just sounds wrong...
that's such a good fuggin' band name, i'm gonna run right out and learn to play a geetar just to capitalize on it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts