Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I hope you pointed out it to the shop when you picked it up. If it were vynil there are some patches that can be done with melted vynil but with leather it looks like you are stuck for a recover. otherwise - black duct tape.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
nail polish is like old school enamel paint, when it dries it hardens pretty tough so it will cover it up and keep it from tearing further but it won't cover it up (and personally duct tape works a little better).

If you are not afraid of possibly screwing up your seat you could try spray adhesive and a patch (or an iron on patch), but you have to remove the seat cover to do this.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
actually, i'm pretty sure it IS vinyl. there's a mesh backer behind it that for some reason wasn't cut, so that's good i guess. i think the easiest solution would be to pull the vinyl up exposing the back and to shmear some crazy glue on it and see what happens. thanks for the advice guys. the obstacle will be making sure my finger isn't permanently glued to my seat.
if it is vynil then take it to an upolstry place and have them melt a little vynil patch in the cut and it will smooth out. You can often hide the patch even further by using a little vynil dye and evening out the finish.

I am hesitant to tell you to use crazy glue because it dries hard and is not pliable like a fabric patch would be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts