Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else going to NHIS tomorrow? Bruce Smith?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I chased Joe Ruth around yesterday. I had a hard time keeping up with him on my 600. He's going to be the guy to beat in 200GP this year. We were just touching 90mph at the end of the front straight.
Watch out JB!

FC

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah but frank you seized. i blew head gaskets and crashed in the dirt. the Bstone is not this year.

yahoo it was hot. probably 80 degrees. not well attended. but champ showed up for support.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Frank, I've been right at 90mph into T-1 for the last two years....actually thinking of gearing a bit taller this year.
And I've got another hp or so on tap this year :)

JohnnyB

·
Registered
53 Posts
thanks frank but i wouldn't bet on me. my winter exercise consisted of running to get the mail... after 4-5 laps
i was ready to take up fishing for a hobby. great day for the first ride of the year though.

joe ruth

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Joe- don't sell yourself short. That lighter doesn't light itself.
And throwing rocks at the neighbor kids has to count for something

·
Registered
504 Posts
JB,
Last year we had to go down 3 teeth on the rear of Matt's bike. This yesr I went down 2 more on Joe's and he was shifting into 5th before the Start/finish line and topped out half way to T1.
His motor doesn't even have my new pistons.....yet.
Doesn't matter anyway since you won't be at the first race :)

FC

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
With the fairing installed I was in 5th before start finish last year, I was having the feather the throttle into t-1 to keep from over revving, having to back off at a little over 12,000 (12,000 is 89 mph). I figure one tooth down in the back should be good.

I've been running 24mm carbs the last few years, never increased them in size when I went from 183cc to 209cc, and they were even a bit smallish at 183cc. Got a new set of 26mm carbs on the bench. Should be good for another 3 mph on the straight, and maybe get the RPM to climb a bit faster.

My super secret modification won't be ready till the last couple of races. Kiss your ass goodbye if I get that sorted baby! Should be looking at 2-3 hp boost for the mid-range....you know....cause I need even more mid range against the two strokes :).

Don't make me put Zack on my bike, he already runs a second faster than me when he rides Mary's bike.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I knew you were going to say that. I'm going to keep plodding away, trying to get everything done in time. If the weather looks great (which for some reason I think it will), I'll try to make a last minute attempt to go.
Just a hard sell for me, with lost wages it's a $1000 race. Hate to spend that kind of money and only be half ready.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
what about half assed?
-parks
ps if jb never raced he'd be up many thousands by now. might not have become bitter either.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
what's that johnny....you lose money on race weekends?!? i lose that much when it rains on a saturday in the spring.

well, let's see, since your hanging your budget out here on the forum...you've sold a 450 drum to at least me, soto, baker and rosko and linings for each. which even using my crappy mathmatics (ask craig), your still ahead of your potential lost $K.

whatever dude-
tt

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
"hey, evil, whats this for?" Camel, its a zipper!! Thanks evil, i just woke up from my nap and couldnt remember!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

first time on a track, holy crap that was fun, and a personal tutorial from frank c how much luckier can you get, thanks frank

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you guys actually know what to do on a dry track???

whoda guessed4555?120?*-+*-

(stupid cat)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts