Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lightweight fiberglass fairing on my BMW R80ST that has a broken windscreen. It has no markings on it, but several have suggested it is a Tracy fairing. Can anyone confirm. I need to source a new windscreen for it. Thanks for any help.
In to

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe try Gustaffson, they have some Tracy screens. May know what that is.
Hi Steve,
It's hard to tell, but it's in good shape!
It kind of looks like a Greer Mach I fairing, or something similar. Tracy also made some fairings similar but The Greer looks the closest

Fairing Manufacturer Greer Mach I - Gustafsson Plastics

You could also send your original windshield down to us and we can match it up to some molds or use yours to make an exact copy :)

Thanks and talk soon,
Zach

Gustafsson Plastics

*Phone Hours Noon-5PM EST:
+1-904-824-3443
**Due to current state of events, our open phone hours are being limited to noon-5pm EST.

Shipping Address:
1704 Lakeside Ave, Suite 1
St. Augustine, Florida 32084
USA

Current Production Lead Time: 2-3 Weeks
*Drilling instructions can be found here Windscreen Installation Tips – Gustafsson Plastics

·
Banned
8 Posts
It's not looking Badass and stylish, You should make it look more modern. Try to replace the windshield and headlight with anything better in design.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seeing your ST brings back a flood of very fond memories. My first real bike and my first BMW was an ST in exactly the same colour. I was stopped at traffic lights one day and a bloke yelled out of his window that something had fallen off my bike. After waiting a second he said...."One of your shock absorbers!" Single sided swingarms were pretty radical in the 80s.

It was even tempered, conscientious, reliable and treated me very kindly. All good things for a relatively new rider. I also owned an R90s in smoke grey. For 99.999% of things I did the ST was a nicer bike.

Since then I have only ever ridden BMWs and only twins. My friends always gave me grief about riding old men's bikes. Good luck with the hunt for a fairing.

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Somebody told me there was something falling out of my K bike when I parked it one day.
It was baby mice :/ I was not amused with the damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts