Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any simple way to keep an engine from rolling around in the trailer or pickup bed on a trip of several thousand miles? I haven't been able to find a milk box big enough to hold a CB350 engine. I need to transport two.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i've used wooden dollys. the 350 will nest right inside a standard dolly without dragging the ground. then you can roll and pick up the engine. maybe a tie-strap to keep them from rolling around your bed.

good luck-
tt

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I've used the large sized Rubbermaid containers. I picked them up at Home Depot. They have a huge selection of different sizes. I put some styrofoam around the engine and it traveled without any problems. Zip tie the handles closed and you could send them via DHL.

Craig

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
what graig said, a guy ups'ed me a motor in one, he packed cardboard and styrofoam around it and wire tied the lid on, i still have it worked great

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
damn! i just read this and drove down the road. i started to smell gas, pulled over and yep......sideways cb350 motor withoil all over the back of the truck. thank god for brake cleaner.

timing is everything!

texy

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Should have put it in a Rubbermaid container. That way when it falls over all of the oil is in the container. Not your truck.

Not gonna say I told you so.

Craig

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
but you just did......

tex

p.s.- your beers will be hand delivered on labor day. i might even make good on clancypants bet too.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
cool. can't wait. I'm sure they'll taste good.

I had a Linenkougal last night with dinner that was left over from Mid-Ohio. I might have to try to find some of that locally.

Craig

·
Registered
598 Posts
I wrapped mine in a packing blanket and put it in the back seat and put a seat belt around it.
Gave it a bottle and put finding Nemo on the DVD player.... it made it to the track safe and sound where Tim then had his way with her... :)

J'nt'D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts