Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2018 T120 in may and since put 5000 miles on it with a trip. Lots to love about it but i spoiled myself riding my 370lb wet enduro around for a few years. Really dont like the 506 lb wet weight of the bike. For another toy considering a late 60s trumpit or bsa. Not to keep original but not cafe. Assuming trumpit what mods would you make for more reliable a bit then new, smoth out the engine a hair maybe a tad more power. If i did decide on a bsa one mod i would make is get rid of the bushing at one end of the crank. Company over in england makes the parts and will mod the case. Any thing i have done to motorcycles has been japanese.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
1960's "lightweight" brit bikes had one cylinder :/ and the only reason they were called lightweight was because the twins were all considerably heavier.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are plenty of performance mods available for early Triumphs. I would personally not go the BSA route if you plan to put a lot of miles on it, but if you just want something to play around with it may be an option.

Why not a Norton? An 850 Commando is lightweight and will make good power with minimal mods.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Why not a Norton? An 850 Commando is lightweight and will make good power with minimal mods.
This. With the right mods and the right amount of cash it's possible to get a street bike down sub 400lbs.

IIRC 1971+ OIF triumphs are right around mid-400lbs, so street tracker bodywork, alloy wheels, and disc brake conversions make a difference. much easier to score than a 60's trumpet and half the cost. later ones even came with disc brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts