Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new to all this but was wondering if the triumph t120 is a good motor to put in the norton wideline frame to make a triton. im looking for the type of motor that the old rockers put in the tritons for the best performance and reliability back in the hay day

cheers

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys, i checked out dresda.co.uk and also unityequipe.com and found a lot of awesome stuff...however im trying to save my wallet from all new stuff. besides ebay, is there any other good parts place to find a lot of triton parts???

also, what parts do you recommend i buy new?

thanks

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks so much for the information...i was thinking about buying the frame and 5 gallon manx tank new and then trying to find as much used stuff as i can even if it takes a long time...

what are all the good wheels and forks i can use that i can find used and the wheels fully put together...

i will definitely use a wideline because ive heard the triumph is harder to fit on a slimline...

no i can not weld but i am a good designer to make things out of others and have access to welding help. other than the frame mounts, what are the other things that are good to fab yourself??

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was looking at the dresda.com site and what is the difference between the dresda lightweight frame and the norton frame...also the dresda site has the dresda lightweight forks and i was wondering how they compare with the norton roadholders

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i noticed that the box-section swingarm is for stability and a wider rear tire...my question is, what are the recommended front and rear wheel/tire sizes for the triton...my uses of this triton will be for the street but i still want it sporty and able to handle and perform well

thanks

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if i out-source forks, do i have to find a norton steering column to fit the norton frame and then find triple trees that will fit both? im not sure how else to do it. im not familiar with mixing and matching brands...its really interesting though

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
thanks for all the info, a triton would be my dream bike so i might start that project but im young and for my first build, i might try for something cheaper...ill keep yall updated with what i decide to do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.