Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck finding a replacement oil filter for the '73-'74 TX500? If not, where can I find an adapter plate that will accept a Fram PH6607?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
There are a few NOS TX500 filters on ebay from time to time. You can also buy NOS filters at Speed & Sport Yamaha in PA. But if you are going to keep the bike for a while, you're better off buying an adapter. You can find them for sale in the forum section of XS500.proboards.com (look for "Brad's Adapter"). With the adapter, you can use normal aftermarket filters from any auto parts store.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
There are a few NOS TX500 filters on ebay from time to time. You can also buy NOS filters at Speed & Sport Yamaha in PA. But if you are going to keep the bike for a while, you're better off buying an adapter. You can find them for sale in the forum section of XS500.proboards.com (look for "Brad's Adapter"). With the adapter, you can use normal aftermarket filters from any auto parts store.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Steve. I researched NOS filters at Speed & Sport Yamaha and the origonal part as well as the substitute are discontinued. I will log on the XS500 proboards site tonight.

I have so much money wrapped up in this bike that I kinda have to keep it. I couldn't recoup what I have into it.[xx(]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Steve. I researched NOS filters at Speed & Sport Yamaha and the origonal part as well as the substitute are discontinued. I will log on the XS500 proboards site tonight.

I have so much money wrapped up in this bike that I kinda have to keep it. I couldn't recoup what I have into it.[xx(]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OC Steve, thanks for the heads up. Brad still has adapters available. It will be well worth the $$ to know that off the shelf filters will be available.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OC Steve, thanks for the heads up. Brad still has adapters available. It will be well worth the $$ to know that off the shelf filters will be available.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for all who read this thread that have a tx or xs500, Brads oil filter adapter works perfectly and a fram ph6607 fits under the cover as if it were oem. highly recommended!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for all who read this thread that have a tx or xs500, Brads oil filter adapter works perfectly and a fram ph6607 fits under the cover as if it were oem. highly recommended!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts