Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket frame with forks and wheels that is need of an engine.
This probably a long shot, though I thought I would throw it out there, any good resources for tracking down a tz250 or tz350 engine?

Within the US would be easiest, though Australia could also be possible.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the response Dirk, that is more then enough to keep me busy for a long time.

The frame (Egli) is from 75 so I may put an rd350 in it for now until I'm able to track down a tz engine, if ever.
Once I start getting more into the project I will be sure to get in touch.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
don't be shy....you bought that egli didn't you?

Ask Ross if Yukio is still around. He had more than a few in his Brooklyn workshop.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geeto, yeah it was just a spur of the moment thing. It was close by and I had spoken on the phone with the guy selling it about 450's before so I thought I would just go say hi and take a look, a few hours later it was in my garage... I'm sure I will speak with Ross more about it when I start working on it. Thanks for the heads up on Yukio.

S10 - Thanks, just reached out but sold already.

don't be shy....you bought that egli didn't you?

Ask Ross if Yukio is still around. He had more than a few in his Brooklyn workshop.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
For a hot street bike or racer?

RD cases are the same but will need a little machining for big end bearing half moon clips and rubber mounts. other than that they are the same - depending on year. For the street first gear is too high and porting isn't good either. For a race bike, a nice new set of gear shafts and clutch assembly and new crank and PVL ignition is a good place to start. TZ750 top end is pretty mild and probably streetable. LC radiator with bottom connection moved is as close as you can get to a TZ rad. You can get them new for about 50 bucks now.

I don't remember any Egli TZs. Do you have any pictures of the chassis?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Teazer, thank you for that info.
i'm thinking this will most likely be race bike only.

i don't have too many photographs yet, I will grab some this weekend though.

Here are a couple of the frame, the 350 is in the front and 750 (not mine) in the background.

4C6D3E34-7C14-445A-A114-6DCF689FB205_zpssl9hfnbd.jpg 66A89731-256D-497A-B291-B33E2312B2AB_zpsbqaqoaxn.jpg

8B7C5B3D-ECE1-45BC-B6C3-CA12A698857D_zpsnqqwtbjl.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts