Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say to each his own. And I guess if you like what you ride, thats all that matters. But this is the internet and I felt like passing judgment. THis video could probably be stickied for the newbs.
Thanks in advance for allowing me to be the asshole this time. I don't get to wear that hat often anymore.

Highlights for me:
  1. "in true cafe racer form, we did keep the original wiring harness"
  2. Suspension enhanced for performance by dropping the forks thru the trees and adding a ton of air pressure. lookie, the forks don't budge at all!
  3. "your not gonna see this seat anwhere else". I imagine that is very true.
  4. It doesn't take long for people to decide to rent a garage and make it super rad with checkered floor tile and shiny new storage and all that. The step from purchase of first nonrunning motorcycle to Professional Bike Builder LLC is a short one.
Didn't this guy post here in the past? My invaluable gratitude to the first person that can locate the build thread. I want to relive it!

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Yeah that's horrible. I've seen the vid before - not sure if it was here or the other site...

I wonder if James Hetfield will sue the band for trying to sing like him....

Lol - we lowered the forks and stiffened up the springs - look, they hardly move!......

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
Emit gets the award on that one.....calling the bike " a fart in a hot car." I still laugh about that.

This is what happens when you build a bike with only pop culture to guide you and no real riding experience. Watching them wobble around the parking lot makes the vid funnier. Nearly all of their shots are stolen from discovery channels, which doesn't help them look like less of a douchebag.

Btw if I can just short rant for a minute: whose freaking idea was it to shoot everything custom bike related slow? The slow roll out, the tough guy stance, the straight line flyby. Am I the only motherfucker who can rear wheel drift a cb750? Wouldn't you like to see that on film? I sure as fuck would....it terrifies me every time I do it (mostly in the rain). Just once I want to see one of these amateur vids with the bike cranked over, throwing sparks, terror in the riders eyes, knee as close to being down as the hard parts will allow. Damnit man I want action on old bikes, not the slow roll to tell me how serious you are about bikes. Anything slow in this hobby isn't fun. End rant.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Am I the only motherfucker who can rear wheel drift a cb750? Wouldn't you like to see that on film? I sure as fuck would....it terrifies me every time I do it (mostly in the rain).
I do. Video please. Private Dancer as the soundtrack...

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
I do. Video please. Private Dancer as the soundtrack...

when bobdog gets here with his go-pro and my cb750 I will do my best - though we may be doing a clutch rebuild in the parking lot first.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Video of the parking lot clutch swap instead!

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
You mean my chopper?

and "a" clutch change is boring, but a geeto clutch change would be exciting.

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
You mean my chopper?

and "a" clutch change is boring, but a geeto clutch change would be exciting.
money does not make it your chopper. You have to EARN your ownership. Prefferably through positive experence. Setting fire to it because you were in a rush to get to the bar isn't helping.

you've seen me change a clutch, it's pretty boring.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Don't start.

first it didn't catch fire because I was rushing.
second it has had a way more positive experience since changing hands. Hell I gave if a increase in positiveness before I even owned it.
Third dont give me this BS earned crap. Something about throwing glass in a stone house....
fourth we miss you in person. You suck on the web, much more fun to have a drink with.
...and then opens door for crap about how I'm not coming to Ohio......

I did see you change a clutch, remember springs flying everywhere...lol
could write a whole script on how a remote parking lot clutch swap on blue would go.

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
tattoo it on your forehead. I mean you are hardcore....aren't you?

or better yet, tattoo it down the shaft of your dick. That way your woman knows she is getting the business from a Cafe MAN!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts