Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my xr officially burns me every time i take it out for a spin. just saying. needs some wrap.

got a deep burn on my palm before the one on my shin even fully healed. and all i was doing today was loading it into a trailer to take riding... tomorrow-

im as good as singed.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

a heat shield with an air gap will do more to keep you from blistering your flesh than heat wrap will.
+1

See if you can pay Rosko to make you one! I seen pictures of heat shields he's made. They look reaaaal good.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

a heat shield with an air gap will do more to keep you from blistering your flesh than heat wrap will.
+1

See if you can pay Rosko to make you one! I seen pictures of heat shields he's made. They look reaaaal good.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

Let's see....

I want some of that high zootium from the space shuttle's nose cone for my left side exiting IH/Fbed's high pipes

It does have fully insulated metal sheilds with air gap and fine wire thermal washers

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

Let's see....

I want some of that high zootium from the space shuttle's nose cone for my left side exiting IH/Fbed's high pipes

It does have fully insulated metal sheilds with air gap and fine wire thermal washers

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by Dirtbag

Sounds like you need to harden the fuck up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
in oklahoma the term is "buck up"

but seriously one of these times im going to end up with gangrene or some bullshit.

todays ride i wrecked proper a few times. but no burns. just a big bloody mess of an elbow.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by Dirtbag

Sounds like you need to harden the fuck up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
in oklahoma the term is "buck up"

but seriously one of these times im going to end up with gangrene or some bullshit.

todays ride i wrecked proper a few times. but no burns. just a big bloody mess of an elbow.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

Plenty of factory pipes having merely a shield with air gap will still burn you

I want more of these washers and insulated foil

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

Plenty of factory pipes having merely a shield with air gap will still burn you

I want more of these washers and insulated foil

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ok....i cant be the only one who thinks that looks like ass. sorry hack, i usually enjoy your stuff a lot. but thats just stupid looking. maybe finished its going to look different....but meh.

but youre right about the burns/factory shields. shits just gonna get hot.

and stupid should hurt.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ok....i cant be the only one who thinks that looks like ass. sorry hack, i usually enjoy your stuff a lot. but thats just stupid looking. maybe finished its going to look different....but meh.

but youre right about the burns/factory shields. shits just gonna get hot.

and stupid should hurt.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Hey that's cool and I'd think you'd polish my connecting rod if you said it lookes swell.

Look closely...... the chrome solid metal shield that show when correctly assembled...

are under the high zoot insulated foil

This pic shows the nuts and bolts a bit better than just the chrome covers and stainless screws.....

Which look quite fine and perhaps I'll post the completed directly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts