Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
uncle,i enjoy making bikes look different / better and making them perform better too. That CX500 was never going to perform like i ideally would like it to. At least not with the money i had to spend on it.
Where i live, i don't have anywhere to keep my bikes so i have to rent a shop space. In order to pay the rent there, i end up having to sell bikes to afford it. This one was more or less built for that reason, to pay rent for a few months. My new rent paying bike is in the project forum, a 1969 CB450. Now this bike i wish i could hang on to because its a lovely handling bike and imo even better looking then the CX was.
I appreciate the kind words about the CX though, its nice to have others speak highly of something you have done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay... This is my first post here.
This first pic is a virago done the cafe way... I just love that someone made a virago look this good!

And because I'm simply shameless, here's my baby(72 cb750) a few months ago...

·
Registered
18 Posts
My XJ650 cafe project. Actually working on the taillight cowl now. Wanna keep it 2-up for resale. Next weekend, front fender(not pictured) tank, side covers, and cowl getting bathed in Midnight Metallic Blue. Wow! Sorry the pics are so shiity

Not a cafe, but still a helluva fun project, XS650 bobber:

What I hope my XS11 to look like in a year:

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just finished putting together my 1970 CL350, I got a lot of ideas off of this thread so I thought I would add some pics of my bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just finished putting together my 1970 CL350, I got a lot of ideas off of this thread so I thought I would add some pics of my bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You did very, very, very well!! Extremely cool bike. Mind if I mention it on my blog?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You did very, very, very well!! Extremely cool bike. Mind if I mention it on my blog?

41 - 60 of 463 Posts