Cafe Racer Forum banner

401 - 420 of 441 Posts

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
This is a very good site if you are looking to improve the overall performance of the motorcycle. Honda Twins is a very active site, if the CB200 is your topic. Good info, well versed members. Although they don't (nor do we) want to hear from some knob who is going attack a good vintage bike with a grinder to create "their vision". https://www.hondatwins.net/index.php

this site was in its prime over 10 years ago...... many of the core peeps moved onto other things and the site.... after it has been sold, and sold again... there are a few of us who chime in every once and awhile.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
this site was in its prime over 10 years ago...... many of the core peeps moved onto other things and the site.... after it has been sold, and sold again... there are a few of us who chime in every once and awhile.
Well we need to make CR.net good again. I'd love to see details/specs/work in progress stuff on your racebikes... or your glass projects

·
Registered
4 Posts
Didn't mean to offend anyone, just seems like a lot of these forums are ghost towns. Personally, I think they overdo it a bit with all the advertisements, considering it is the contributers who provide the entertainment.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yeah, I'm done with client work and not likely to be doing any more cafe racer projects personally. So, it's down to my Triton and my race bike, and y'all have seen about enough of those two...

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
i only have 1 duc at this time...
and a minarelli
and a parilla
and 4 honda racebikes
focusing on 200gp this season... so i will have 2 1968 CB175s race prepped and of course my Duc for track day instructing

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
i only have 1 duc at this time...
and a minarelli
and a parilla
and 4 honda racebikes
focusing on 200gp this season... so i will have 2 1968 CB175s race prepped and of course my Duc for track day instructing
Minarelli and Parilla, there's a couple oddballs. I've never seen a live version of either. Did they have dealer networks in the US or would they have been brought in by privateers?
If only the cafe hackers used this as a model.
Racer_1-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Yeah, I'm done with client work and not likely to be doing any more cafe racer projects personally. So, it's down to my Triton and my race bike, and y'all have seen about enough of those two...
Don't put words in our mouths.

I'll never complain about more details or stories about the bikes.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I knew a guy when I lived in Minnesota that had Parilla Wildcat scrambler he'd re-done as a virtually identical tribute to the infamous Red Rocket.

parill17a.jpg

I lost touch of him after I moved away, and I am guessing he sold it or passed away. It might be the same bike that was auctioned by Bonhams in 2017? [EDIT: Nope, it's not. Looking closer, too much is different: forks, frame, tank, footpegs are all totally incorrect on this one. The red crankcases and hubs are the only similarity.] IN any case, this old for $3450, which I thought was surprisingly low.

24122346-2-2.jpg

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
craig is correct, 500cc , i think they even had “works” riders and sold a few machines to privateers,,not as popular or as successful as the paton, better looking by far though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cyorg, mine's a couple years earlier
DSCF8312.gif
i've owned this one for more than 40 years....
not quite sold myself on this color combo, i think the frame is too bright for the bodywork

401 - 420 of 441 Posts