Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you found an inexpensive source for ultrasonic cleaners in the 5 gallon size range? I <really> miss having access to the one at the shop I was working at, and would love to buy one for my shop. But - good ones in that size are close to a grand new - that's quite a bit.

Michael
www.batemanracing.com

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I've never seen a 5 gallon, but I've seen decent sized ones on ebay in $250-300 range. Still more than I want to pay...

FR

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Try harbor freight - they don't have 5 gallon ones but they do have a small one that would be perfect for cleaning carb parts and such for cheap money.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked on ebay but have only seen the smaller ones for decent prices. I want at least a 5 gallon one as that's the smallest size that will hold a 160/175 engine case half.

They're useful for way more than just carbs and carb parts.

Michael

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
in five gallon size think govt surplus and be sure and get one that has a remote power source to drive the transducers

all that size should also have a heater with thermostat

I have a six gallon one that will hurt you before you have any clue it's trying to rattle apart your skeleton

I came really close to sticking a friend's head in it one night when I walked in and he was having fun using carb cleaner as a flame thrower in the general direction of my parts cleaner

he got lucky because he was much bigger than me so instead I sprayed him down with some ether and blow torched him with more ether

he really looked weird red as a lobster, no eyebrows, and a messed up new haircut

his white dockers shirt was tan too

I wonder often if putting somebody's head in there would result in brain damage

any volunteers?

·
Registered
77 Posts
i waited for one to go on sale at harbor freight, its only a pint, but works wonderfuly for carb parts, idk it was cheap and i wanted to see how well it would work, and i love it lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts