Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
corey what liquid are you using in the tank? parts should come up a whole lot better than that.
take a look at my friends website,i know he uses all the proper fluids..he does vapour and ultra.
http://www.ajsvapourclean.com/gallery.html
hes a good guy and would be happy to talk if you want.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Here is my two cents:

When they came off the bike, they were two muddy filthy oily gas stankin pigs. So I figured that I should at least blast the outers with some cleaner and scrub the crusties before I boxed and shipped them. If I didn't, the fumes from the crud stuck to them would have set off UPS's vapor detectors and my shipment would have been rejected. So externally, yes they could have been dirtier to start.

But I think they look (and hopefully operate) a hell of a lot better than when they got to my garage.

Thanks Corey!

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
corey,

those last pics (on the green self healing cutting board) look dynamite! do you have a "before" of those carbs?

tex

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Corey, if you doctored hydroseal and possibly added more lye than necessary

Add water

The acetone will evaporate away and quickly.

The very caustic stuff I save for wickedly plugged jets or to quickly find out if a cancer patient is terminal

You'll see them soon enough as not all of them will just be with easily squirted away varnish.

It's easy enough to see that the ones you did showed early stages of the death chalk and were already externally stained.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts