Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a Cafe topic but the mechanically curious out there might get a kick out of this. How'd you like to ride this in the twisties? Supposedly it would do a ton in 1923...at least in a straight line (no clutch).

Edited by - 350Four on Jul 05 2007 08:41:50 AM

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read about these in Vintage Motorcycle..they actually raced them and because they were direct drive the only way to change the "gearing" was to put on a different size wheel. Racers carried spare engines laced into different size wheels. This no-clutch thing was scary also. Intersection must've been a bitch. No wonder they quit making them

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
bet it was the metric ton.
down hill
with a tail wind
with branson's race bike pulling it
parks
ps now i know what inspired the burgman
pps love that seat...needs a head rest though

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
my first thought is ....what kind of mind comes up with that.
It has alot of merit in alot of respects.
It had to been a soul proprietor marq ...just because you would have to hire the guy who sold "the emperor new clothes"
To sell this idea to investors.

As fault ridden as it is it does bring some other ways of thinking to mind.....its very interesting.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
687 Posts
maybe they put one on the front and rear.

anyone else familiar with those chinese 2 strokes they put on bicycles? the stock 70cc's will do 35mph but after some regearing and carb tinkering some people are pushing the upper 50s' on a classic schwinn.

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
There is a guy in our race club that designs and imports those Chinese thingies.....the examples I've seen of his imports are freakin beautiful in quality and design.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
687 Posts
there's a pretty big web culture for them. i built a bike with that in mind but then decided that if i had 2 bills to spend on a bike i'd be better off spending it on my 350. i built this from scavenged parts the only thing i paid for was the rubber. before someone says it, no it is not uncomfortable, you can get it up speed it standing like a roadbike then sit back and coast for six blocks or keep it going with minimal effort.

...connoisseur of slack...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts