Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the 74 cb125 is there another caliber that will work that is hydraulic if i get this cb125 i want to look into upgrading the front brakes for better performance.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I don't know for a fact that there is....but I bet there is.

The CB200 used a mechanical disk that was the same as the early MT125R race bike ( Evil?), the later model MT125R went to hydraulic...and I bet it still fit the same forks. And I think the CB125 used the same mechanical disk as the CB200....if you see what I'm getting at....there was a transition period from mechanical to hydraulic...probably using the same components except the caliper.

(forget finding the MT125R parts...that's not going to happen)

JohnnyB

Edited by - jbranson on Jan 17 2008 3:53:49 PM

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i get what your saying. I hope to get this 74 cb125 and build something out of it. I found that powroll makes race piston kits for the old 125. 145cc and a 175cc bigbore stroker kit.
i might go with the 145cc 9.5:1 piston kit and try to upgrade the frnt brakes. but im having a hard time trying to find a vintage type race cam for the cb125. i want to look into see if some later type honda cams would fit. i just want to built this cafe racer as close as to the real thing that they used back in the day. if i could get some old cam specs I/ll just get the cam welded up and regrind into a more race profile.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it checked them out going to call them on the full race cam. should add some good gains from the little 145cc power plant im going to build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts