Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Ya if you just want to spring a bike with a monoshock you did er,
if you want to make a good monoshock suspension you need to go back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya if you just want to spring a bike with a monoshock you did er,
if you want to make a good monoshock suspension you need to go back to the drawing board.
I have machined parts myself I know the geometry I got to this point an I dont want to hack it... the lower mount is making me think... fuck it I will figure it out

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Here's the problems and I have no idea how you can go about fixing it: Your shock is mounted way too far forward, you left no room for your carburetor air intake by doing that and it isn't even an optimal place to put the shock anyway, the shock should be lower, connected to a much longer swingarm and ideally have a linkage connection so you can actually adjust the thing to suit the bike once it is all together. Most improtanly you have not provided a strong frame geometry between your steering head and the swingarm pivot point, you are all hung up on the shock absorber carrying the rear end of the bike when all it has to do is limit the up and down movement of the frame on the rear wheel. The major stresses that have everything to do with good motorcycle handling are not up and down on the rear wheel they are torsional throughout the length of the frame from front axle to rear axle.

In layman terms your bike is designed to handle like a wet noodle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts