Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just informed yesterday of the passing of one of our newer USCRA members. Jennifer Rathe of New York City died of heart failure late thursday night at St. Vincents Hospital in New York. Two months ago Jennifer married Greg Rathe also from New York. Jennifer first came to a USCRA event two years ago at the Motogiro USA event in Platakill,New York. She and Greg had heard about the event from Chris Minks when Greg bought his MV Agusta. They trailered over two bikes to check it out. Last year in Vermont at the Motogiro they both entered on vintage bikes. Unfortunately Jennifer's bike lacked adequate prep an she rode the event on a very rare late model Japanese bike. She and Greg made an appearance at the spring Giro visiting the stop at Orange County Choppers. They had been married the week before but wanted to stop in and see everyone. Some may know Greg by his web name New York Desmo. Jenifer was very active in women in Motorcycling and owned a restaurant in the Village. Jennifer was 37 years old and had no prior warning of a heart condition. Her funeral is Sunday at 2pm at the United Nations Chapel..44th and 1st Avenue. There will be a gathering of motorcycles at the service. Jennifer was an avid rider of BMWs and had just gotten into the vintage scene. USCRA members in the New York area are welcome and encouraged to attend the service on their motorcycles.

JS

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
that is extremely sad news. i wish i could make it up.

tex

·
Registered
569 Posts
that's horrible, sad news, you just never know...my thoughts go out to her husband and family.

dch.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jennifer was a real trooper. She started on a Bultaco Metralla, had issues, switched to a Bianchi, had issues and ended up finishing on a Honda 400. My best memory of Jennifer is when I was going around asking people to sign my Giro bib. When I asked Jennifer to sign with her name and # she said "get in line"!! She was a real sweetheart.

JS

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I have known Greg for awhile and he and Jenn were so happy. Last saw them at OCC. I guess JB said it all, live life all the way while you can...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
my deepest sympathies to greg. i can't even imagine how difficult it must be for him and all the other people who were close to jennifer. there are so many things in life i just don't understand. i hope those who hurt the most from her passing can be helped through this by knowing there are many of us who feel a great loss with them. godspeed jennifer.
parks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear friends. Thank you for your kind words. Jack emailed me bringing to my attention your notes. Jennifer and I were married April 22nd. She was an incredible person and partner and adored by all who knew her. She had a great smile and was the light in any room. Jennifer picked up motorcycling three years ago and met me two years ago. Shortly after our meeting though her promoting the 'Lady Liberty Ride' in NY she purchased a BMW R1200ST. Together we road thousands of miles through Texas, Arizona, Utah and many more thousands through the Northeast. I have lost my riding partner, best friend, wife and love.

'Love' everyday like its your last, find ways to express yourself like you never thought you could and learn from me, because there are so many things I wish I could have said to Jennifer.

I was lucky to find Jennifer and share the love we had even for the short time we had together. She will be missed by thoughs who knew her and by me the most.

Again thank you for acknowledging her and you kind words.

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear friends. Thank you for your kind words. Jack emailed me bringing to my attention your notes. Jennifer and I were married April 22nd. She was an incredible person and partner and adored by all who knew her. She had a great smile and was the light in any room. Jennifer picked up motorcycling three years ago and met me two years ago. Shortly after our meeting though her promoting the 'Lady Liberty Ride' in NY she purchased a BMW R1200ST. Together we road thousands of miles through Texas, Arizona, Utah and many more thousands through the Northeast. I have lost my riding partner, best friend, wife and love.

'Love' everyday like its your last, find ways to express yourself like you never thought you could and learn from me, because there are so many things I wish I could have said to Jennifer.

I was lucky to find Jennifer and share the love we had even for the short time we had together. She will be missed by thoughs who knew her and by me the most.

Again thank you for acknowledging her and you kind words.

Regards,
Greg

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Greg,
Dude...you need anything you let us know. I've been with the same woman now for 20 years....can't imagine life without her. Words hardly cut it at a time like this, but, if you ever want something to do...a place to go, people to be around, you come to the races, you hang with us, we can be good at filling in the low spots.
Damn glad to hear you had some good rides with her before she was gone, that's the kind of currency you can take with you.
Take Care,
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Greg,
Dude...you need anything you let us know. I've been with the same woman now for 20 years....can't imagine life without her. Words hardly cut it at a time like this, but, if you ever want something to do...a place to go, people to be around, you come to the races, you hang with us, we can be good at filling in the low spots.
Damn glad to hear you had some good rides with her before she was gone, that's the kind of currency you can take with you.
Take Care,
JohnnyB

·
Registered
138 Posts
Greg
Art told me the sad news and I still can not believe it.
I am so sorry for your loss.
You and Jen are my heros
and I think it was pretty obvious how much i admired you as a couple
from all the questions I would ask you when I got half a second to talk to you guys.
Your love of bikes and your love of each other remains inspiring.

I am so glad I got to see you at the OCC even if just for a second.
The glimer in your eyes and the excitement Jen had
practially jumping up and down to announce you had Just gotten married.......
I hold that in my mind as an untouchable moment
and I pray for you through this insane loss.

Hang in there Greg

Deep Sympathy
Jennifer Ditacchio

·
Registered
138 Posts
Greg
Art told me the sad news and I still can not believe it.
I am so sorry for your loss.
You and Jen are my heros
and I think it was pretty obvious how much i admired you as a couple
from all the questions I would ask you when I got half a second to talk to you guys.
Your love of bikes and your love of each other remains inspiring.

I am so glad I got to see you at the OCC even if just for a second.
The glimer in your eyes and the excitement Jen had
practially jumping up and down to announce you had Just gotten married.......
I hold that in my mind as an untouchable moment
and I pray for you through this insane loss.

Hang in there Greg

Deep Sympathy
Jennifer Ditacchio

1 - 18 of 18 Posts