Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
craig, roger that, got kill switch, was just ack. that to get it running, ya don't need it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
quote:Originally posted by monkey

marine grade switches resist vibration... they are built to last

matt
I use Honda handlebar switches that connect the two coil leads together to kill the motor. You don't have to ground them and it doesn't seem to hurt anything. Honda switches never fail and everybody has boxes of them. I also jam a piece of heater hose between the coils so the brackets don't crack from vibration.

FrankC

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
the problem lw is having is his plate is out of a 1946 nash*.

texy

* - his words, not mine.....but still funny!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think Evile is right - the marine switch is still on the bike from our last efforts. We had both cylinders firing but couldn't get the timing set. Is there a continuity test to be sure the electronics weren't totally fried when we had it running on 1 cylinder with the wrong switch?

Caferacer night at Gritty's! Hide your daughters!

·
Registered
504 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RookieGeorge

I think Evile is right - the marine switch is still on the bike from our last efforts. We had both cylinders firing but couldn't get the timing set. Is there a continuity test to be sure the electronics weren't totally fried when we had it running on 1 cylinder with the wrong switch?

Caferacer night at Gritty's! Hide your daughters!
I have a sheet somewhere that tells how to check them. I think you may be able to find it on the Penton site.

FC

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
maybe you should try a marine grade kill switch. theyre probably maed pretty well. ;)

jc

·
Registered
598 Posts
1 non-marine grade kill switch coming up!
Sorry I missed the pig roast.. Tim can you or Mike call me when you get the chance please.

J 'wtf' D

61 - 70 of 70 Posts