Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been up for a while...maybe we can get it on the Caferacer schedule?

2006 Schedule:
Banguet - January 14
Vintage Celebration - May 19-21
FIM Trials - June 10
Streets of Laconia - June 11
FIM Vintage Celebration - June 12
FIM 125 - June 12
Pewter Run - Sept 3
Granite State Champsionship - Sept 4
Motogiro USA - Sept. 16,17,18
Fronteirland - Sept 30, Oct 1

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Actual Racing Schedule is:

Vitnage Celebration May 19-21 (about one day of actual bike racing)
FIM Vintage Celebration June 2 ( one day....)
Granite State - Sept 4 (one day)
Frontierland - Spet 30-Oct 1 ( Great event, 2 days.... just participation points)

JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Actual track time is more than enough if you have attended other races or track days. The USCRA does an excellent job helping out the racer if needed. Just ask the race director if you need more track time to dial in your bike and they will accommodate you.

And don't forget about the motogiro-usa, tons of fun for small displacement pre 1968 motorcycles with the max displacement of 250cc.

The USCRA rules !!!!!

www.race-uscra.com
www.motogirousa.com

Champ

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
quote:
Actual track time is more than enough if you have attended other races or track days. The USCRA does an excellent job helping out the racer if needed. Just ask the race director if you need more track time to dial in your bike and they will accommodate you.
Yeah! The race director will throw the cars off the track...or stop a race so you can get more track time!! Woohoo.

Seriously...John...what exactly does your statement mean? "More than enough track time if you have attended other races or track days"???? Yeah....I can make tons of races elsewhere, what does that have to do with USCRA races?
I'm sorry...but one day events Suck when you have 8-9 hours of driving time and $100 in fuel bills to get there. MOST of us don't live next door to the track like you do.
I can drive to Shannonville in the same time, get a two day races, pay less and get more racing. Sorry but that's the truth. Same with AHRMA events at Beaver Run, hopefully Summit too which I'll be trying this year with WERA even without a 250 class. I can do THREE days at Mosport.
Hey, I've got to consider the cost effectiveness of where I race...just like most people. The USCRA just ain't cuttin it anymore as my sole source of racing and when dates conflict...I'll be going to a two day event instead of a one day event. Like it or not...vintage racing is a PRODUCT. To sell it you have to at least compete with the other people selling it. The USCRA has a lot of volunteers taking care of various jobs for them...but management ain't kickin in enough....race clubs RACE, RACING is job one, not parades, dinners, tours and rallies. Those are supposed to be SUPPORT activities...and they are becoming the priority.

So get your freakin cut and paste button ready so you can report this transgression to the authorities. Give me another reason to spend my dollars elsewhere.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
at least frontier land does not conflict with lars anderson this year. i would rather race than look at bikes. now i could possibly do both. mosport... yes. other venues...yes. as long as the wife is healthy, that is

matt

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
i think it does not conflict. usually lars anderson is on the 10th ish.. so if the schedule is the same it will be the weekend after

whatever
matt

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
oh yeah

the uscra is off july and august so its members can pursue outdoor skateboard activities.... and surf (if it is up)

matt

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
champ, i realize someone has to be optimistic, but please, you have to be realistic too.

"Just ask the race director" ?

s

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
jb, at summit. you'll have to battle with all the slow 350gp bikes. poor you. actually, i cant wait. that should be really great fun.

me

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Scott...hehehe...that was exactly Mary's response.
"Just ask the race director" ?

Joe, Mary really wants to give Summit a try...I told here we'd be with the 350's...but that would be kind of fun....we'd probably have some good racing with the back half of the grid.
Will they allow 200's to run in that class?
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
JB,
Unfortunately the USCRA is at the mercy of the nhis schedule. They make tons of $ off richard petty driving school, scca, karting, lrrs,
nascar and etc,etc. There are very few dates available. No matter where you live it's a haul to go racing(yea i live close,but so what)and costly.
I just think you are harshing on the USCRA a little to much. Yea, many things could be different but 99% of the members are satisfied and accept the way it is. Remember, the vintage racing thing is supposed to be fun and not to be taken to serious.

If you are not happy i think you should try the other venues you mention, besides Isn't all about you and your needs. Right?

As far as track time, have you ever asked a race director to go in another race to tune your bike and not be scored? It happens at times. Just ask.

Good Luck,

Champ

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
John...."should try other venues"???.. I've been doin that the last three years...and lovin it.

I'm "harshing" on the USCRA cause I figured if I donated my time and money a few years that I might start to see things get better...they ain't. They are getting worse. And dude...if you think 99% of the members are happy....well then that's a HUGE part of the problem...cause believe me they aren't. What they have done is given up....the USCRA is now just another minor club on their list of races for the year....do I need to name the members that now race more races elsewhere than they do with the USCRA. Should I name the "old school" members that volunteer for NOTHING and show up only to race, and won't even come to races like Frontier?
When I started with the USCRA I could fill up my whole season with just USCRA races. What happened? Don't say NHIS...there are more tracks out there. If I can travel 5 hours each way...then all the Loudon homies can too.

How about we move the home track to somewhere 5 hours from you? Then we'll see how much one day events mean to you.

Keep dreamin....and the USCRA will end up all Giro's and parties and no racing. There are OTHER TRACKS besides NHIS so the USCRA is not at the mercy of NHIS. Problem is management doesn't want to travel like the membership has to. How about a race at Beaver Run? Summit?....never happen. The USCRA base membership is in NH...they don't travel and they are getting old and dropping out of racing. The new members are from all over the NE, they want to race...they don't care if it's at NHIS or not.

Hey, I love making USCRA races....but that doesn't mean I'm owned by USCRA inc. I call it like I see it, I'm not employed by the club, I race there because of the people I race with. It's my favorite club to race with...but I got an AHRMA number two years ago....I'll have a WERA number this year....never needed to do that in the past. Over here in NY the primary vintage races are rapidly becoming Mid O, Beaver Run, Mosport and Shannonville.

Hey...maybe vintage is dying everywhere....then it's time for the USCRA to loosen up, more bikes, more venues, more members. Roll with the changes or get rolled over.

Big difference between harshing and telling the truth. I say one day events suck....and they do for people that have to travel more than a few hours. I say the USCRA is losing RACE events...and that would be uhh...let's see...true. So where's the harshing?
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
summit, summit, bo bummit, fee, fi, fofummit, summit!

can't wait to see ya'll down our way this year. sucks about the 250 class, but just think cb175's in 350 and 500 premier (jeff smith is probably gonna sue my ass now).

start shoping on the web for amb transponders now. look on the wera bbs for people getting out of racing as they go pretty cheap.

you can join wera at the track, but it adds to your time in the morning and the line at registration is pretty long already. vintage goes out all together in practice. you only get two rounds, so don't miss the first.

bring a pit bike as they have loads of trails in the infield.

see ya,

tex

p.s.- someone pickup strempher on their way down. one lap around and he'll convert to the summit cult.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Saturday was mostly vintage and modern was on Sunday. I don't how they are going to do it now, but they have always had a schedule. It sticks for the year, so you know when your going to race even months in advance.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 56 Posts