Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its the wrong time of year.......maybe the election to boot but.....ever since pamp couldn't squeeze $2500 for his CB it made me realize the markets soft......even compared to this time last year.

It's not really just the cafe market and such...... ATCs don't seem to command what they did 2 years ago. Classic MX machines are good but Ducati prices seem low. Metric cruisers are dirt cheap.....Sportsters are nearly free....... heck....even the flooded used UTV market seems weak.

Maybe it's just me.

That's why I'm going to watch this CB on ebay.....it will be my canarie in the mine. Remember when these ironing board CBs easily hit 7K and more?

image.jpg

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
S here is my question, do you even want that bike? Or is it just to track prices? If tracking prices I would look at a stock bike because those tend to drive the market, not the customs. Customs have too many variables.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
The market is just the market. Believe it or not occ and soa and all the other bike shows drove the custom market to an unsustainable bubble. People are starting to realize that buying a chopped bike is a bad idea. On the other hand, the market for good used bikes that work well and havent been destroyed by the latest jesse james is holding strong.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Lots of markets are getting soft.
Some bubble have even popped.

- - - Updated - - -

Not so much a sky is falling thing, but more a "we cant keep doubling prices every year things"

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
if you're going by ebay sold prices, most of those were shill bid. no one in reality was getting those prices for cb's, only thing I've been noticing is that the price for unfuckedwith jap bikes has been going up, probably because of their increasing scarcity compared with the fucked with variety

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
The "café scene" has been dead for a bit.
No one gives a shit anymore.
T

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
People used to pay extra for something like this too...

Reactions: CAPTAIN AWESOME

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Looks like a 560 SEC mercedes with an Koenig aftermarket widebody kit. It doesn't look like an AMG widebody, since the rear flares are different on those.

The made the W126 SEC coupes from 1980 to 1992, all with V-8s. They are pretty nice cars. AMG made a 6.0L version (500SEC was 5.0L and 560SEC was 5.5L) with a wide body and manual transmission, it made 375rwhp in 1985 (the stock 5.5L v8 was 275hp and the 5.0L was 249hp at the crank).

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Koenig

Yeah you might want one now...
But zero wanted one in 1998

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Seriously considering buying this 1989 VFR400, very good nick, and only 8000 miles on the clock.
The only problem is it's a 600 mile ride to go and view it.
So do I take a gamble, and buy unseen, and get a courier to pick it up, or go and see it, and still pay £160 to have it delivered?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Gotta be up Norf like.... 600 miles in any other compass direction, from colchester, would need a bathing suit...

I didn't really rate them. the nc30 was a lot better. If it's the right money it looks like a nice clean example though.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
When I said 600 miles, I meant round trip.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts